dingle report

Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:12 pm

Returned from Dingle last week whre I had 10 days shore fishing with a couple of friends.We caught quite a few small eyed rays and thornbacks from Castlegregory fishing near the car park on the main road.Reenbeg (back of Dingle)fished bad we didn't catch a single Thornback here despite 2 trips!.Inch strand produced lots of Flounders and even caught my first Sea Trout.Had Congers from Dingle Harbour to 12LB and lost bigger, not as good as last year heard commercial fishermen had removed vast ammounts.The weather didnt allow us to do any serious rock fishing the one session we had was at the northern side of Dunmore head where we caught Pollack to 4lb Coalies to 2lb and lots of mackerel.As it was so rough we had to fish 20-30ft above the water line and lost several good pollack trying to haul them up the rocks,I lost on that looked to be 8-10lb.Lots of Mackerel at Dunmore head also from the rocks at Brandon.Fished Derrymore caught only Dogfish UGH!.Fished Kilcummin strand when it was too rough and only caught a Dogfish UGH!. :D

Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:29 pm

Brad what method/bait were you using when you caught your Sea Trout? what sort of size was it, i've had a few tries a bit further towards Dingle where the river runs down from Annascaul without any success :( unfortunatley,

Cheers Sean,

Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:30 am

Pure luck actually Sean I was fishing for Founders with lug tipped Mackerel and I think I hooked the Trout whilst reeling in!