Tarbert-Sat 25 sept

Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:45 am

Fished tarbert pier sat 25 9pm -1am Low tide 11pm.
The bait frozen mackerel .
Target conger.
Conditions- Contrary to met eireann(Im going to have words with them if this carries on) very wet , non stop drizzle and very windy. Lovely

In the whole evening , we had two conger runs- missed em both
And one slow nodding bite-suspected ray. Also missed
On the whole, a thoroughly entertaining way of spending a saturday night and I doubt Ive converted my younger brother to the joys of conger fishing

On the whole, Ive not cracked this conger thing, with more blanks than successes so far. Still, Im sure with a bit of feedback from this site Ill get there
Kev

Re: Tarbert-Sat 25 sept

Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:52 am

Kev,

Was there three of you on the pier that night, you were driving a what looked like a silver D reg car...If so remember the big red van that parked on the pier at about midnight..Well that was me and me mate. We had been fishing down in Foynes..We were going to fish later into the night but cracked open a couple of beers in the van and that was it decided to have a couple of beers and go to bed...

On the conger fishing have a look at my report from Fenit pier that I'll be putting up.

John

Tarbert-sat

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:47 am

Hi John
Yep, that silver car was me , my brother and dave-b and I were spectacularly unsuccessfull that night. Ive read your report on fenit with great interest as weve been meaning to go back there. You know, when we're not trying ,and at all the wrong times, Dave_b and I nobble conger. Middle of the day, bright sunshine, wrong tide conditions, yup, up come the conger.
But when we go out at night, with great bait and all the right gear, the buggers dont cooperate.
On Fenit, were you fishing into the harbour proper, or out into open sea?
We'll definitely be going in the next week
Kev

Re: Tarbert-sat

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:58 am

At the end of the pier behind the sheds, getting a bit of wind protection and then fishing outside...when we got there there was a couple of big trawlers moored on the harbour side so we fishing outside..Tide was strong but held with 5-6oz grips so no real problems...got the 2 bigger conger on low water cast out away from the harbour...

john

tarbert

Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:38 pm

Hey John
Just noticed you ride bikes-wot you got?

Did you guys sleep in the van on the grand tour ?

Whilst I like me brother and Dave_B Im not sure Id want to sleep with em
Kev

Re: tarbert

Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:59 pm

Bike wise, 01 Suzuki GSXR1000 Race bike, 98 GSXR750 Endruance race bike, 1994 Yamaha YZF750R for getting to work on....

Ahh the van is set up with a little kitchen and table with bench seats that fold down to make a very large bed...Built it for going to race meets but works really well for few day weekend away fishing..Nothing fancy just the basic's really. One thing it does do is give you the ability to go fish anywhere you want and move when you want....just like a tent on wheels, also with the fridge in there it keeps the bait and beer cool...

John