Arthurg's Wrecking Trip

Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:14 pm

Arthurg,

(I had to start a new thread as I keep getting errors on the last)

Nice to see you travelling down to this neck of the woods. I can't believe that more guys don't fish with Mark Gannon given his record. The ground he is fishing is superb.
I reckon the big boats don't like the big tides as you can have problems drifting (wind with big tide or wind against big tide). It is also a bitch to anchor accurately in wind against tide conditions, whatever the size of boat (us small boat people don't worry about big tides when drifting).
I know you are at the mercy of the weather next year but you must impress on Mark that your crew are experienced anglers. If the weather is right it would be nice to be hitting the wrecks which are over 20miles out. The more consistent specimens are caught here. Offer a few quid more for a further trip out if the weather permits, as the expense of these trips is considerable compared with a trip to the Luisitania which is relatively close in. Think coalies.....big coalies!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Jim

Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:48 pm

Thanks Jim,

Already looking forward to it.

Emailed Mark yesterday to confirm booking. When he confirms the date I'll tell him exactly what we want.

I thought that the Lusitania held the specimens - you suggest they are further out?

Still a lot of good fishing during the summer, but already looking forward to the March trip.