Scaldy Shannon Fishaton

Sun May 18, 2014 11:40 pm

People: Myself and Shane H

Duration: 9am -1.30am

Tide: fished the drop and then the following rise

Weather: Absolutely fantastic we have big rosy burned heads to prove it too :lol: :lol:

Bait: Crab, Mackerel and sandeel

Rigs:
Pulleys and upandovers
Results: Thornback Ray up to 6lb and the strongest conger for its size i have ever seen , no scales but he was mid teens and a beauty.

Report:
Myself and shane had tried to plan this trip a few times but something kept coming up and we wanted to kick off 2014 with some nice ray and whatever else would be willing to show us some sport so we finally managed to get a nice day for it with great conditions too. we left for limerick at wish and where overlooking the sexy shores of the shannon by 9am .

We fished a couple of different locations at different parts of the tide and we where delighted with the results to say the least . We didn't land any monster ray but what a way to kick off 2014 and also we both broke in two new rods with some beautiful fish . The conger was a nice surprise for myself and he pulled my new rod clean out of the stand the bugger :shock: Took 3 and half hours to land him and thats not an exaggeration( it would take too long to type in detail) . We had to hold out for the tide to drop of to land him by hand with the shock leader as he was snagged and I only had 15lb line on so it was either pull for a break or wait it out and go bear grills on him :lol: :lol: Dedication at its best haha.
We got him in washed him down for a photo and then released him. To say we where happy was an understatement, we where delighted and packed up and hit the road back to Dublin already planning our next visit . It was a tough 24 hrs on the body but well worth it :D :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Scaldy Shannon Fishaton

Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 am

Two better photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 19, 2014 7:32 am

nice fishing lads

Mon May 19, 2014 9:05 am

Well done lads sounds like a worth while session , Shane u look like u were mud wrestling that conger fair play ;)

Mon May 19, 2014 9:45 am

paul skelly wrote:Well done lads sounds like a worth while session , Shane u look like u were mud wrestling that conger fair play ;)

:lol: the mud was so sticky I had to crawl back with him

Mon May 19, 2014 10:03 am

good effort lads. sounded great. enjoyable read. great pics. happy days. :mrgreen:
8)

Mon May 19, 2014 10:09 am

ShaneH wrote:
paul skelly wrote:Well done lads sounds like a worth while session , Shane u look like u were mud wrestling that conger fair play ;)

:lol: the mud was so sticky I had to crawl back with him

Ive never seen someone skate across sinking mud like that before hahaha was some craic :lol: :lol:

Mon May 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Nice one lads good stuff ha ha!!!

Tue May 20, 2014 12:51 pm

Savage Congor lads, well done.
The Huss must have been busy elsewhere.

Tue May 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Nice fishing lads..give us a shout next time see if we can't put ye into a few bigger Ray :wink:

Tue May 20, 2014 3:19 pm

gearoid mc s. wrote:Nice fishing lads..give us a shout next time see if we can't put ye into a few bigger Ray :wink:

i was going to but it went out of my head. We will prob head back down in afew weeks until the wickla ray show up.

Tue May 20, 2014 4:23 pm

gearoid mc s. wrote:Nice fishing lads..give us a shout next time see if we can't put ye into a few bigger Ray :wink:

Good man gearoid we will Definately be hitting another session down your way in the next few weeks if your around to wet a line 8)

Wed May 21, 2014 4:32 pm

masterkeane wrote:

Good man gearoid we will Definately be hitting another session down your way in the next few weeks if your around to wet a line 8)

Been a long time since I wet a line I'm afraid but the knowledge should still be fresh!

Shane's bag of Conoflex's will serve him well down that way :D

Mon May 26, 2014 11:22 am

gearoid mc s. wrote:
masterkeane wrote:

Been a long time since I wet a line I'm afraid but the knowledge should still be fresh!

Ah thats a pitty :D Have you resorted to wanting leds over sheep in a field now full time too ? :lol:

Wed May 28, 2014 5:24 pm

masterkeane wrote:
gearoid mc s. wrote:
masterkeane wrote:

Ah thats a pitty :D Have you resorted to wanting leds over sheep in a field now full time too ? :lol:

Actually fluff checking is the current craze but I'm getting itchy for some proper fishing again :D

Wed May 28, 2014 10:49 pm

Good man gearoid we will Definately be hitting another session down your way in the next few weeks if your around to wet a line 8)[/quote]

Shane's bag of Conoflex's will serve him well down that way :D[/quote]

Ah thats a pitty :D Have you resorted to wanting leds over sheep in a field now full time too ? :lol:[/quote]

Actually fluff checking is the current craze but I'm getting itchy for some proper fishing again :D[/quote]

Good man we'll see you on Monday ? :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:41 pm

savage conger laad...F**kng love conger fishing...those ray look like good sport too..good stuff lads... 8)

Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:46 pm

lucky13 wrote:savage conger laad...F**kng love conger fishing...those ray look like good sport too..good stuff lads... 8)

Cheers lad 8)

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:01 pm

Cracking fishing well done.

Looking at doing a trip down that way next Tuesday/Wednesday and was wondering if I could get a pm with the location

Will have bait left over after Sunday's comp in Wicklow and really want to get into some nice ray

Lad I fish with has never caught one so it would be nice to see him break his duck.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:18 pm

You should get on to North Kerry Sea Angling club on facebook, they are a sound bunch of lads and will put you on the right marks.
Last edited by folanf2 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.