People[/b me and friend

[b]Duration
:3 hours

Tide:rising

Weather:nice

Bait:lures

Rigs:

Results:

Report:Hit a east cork mark today with the buddy for a spot of bassing,the weather was nice and calm and sure what else would ya be doing.we got down to our usual rock platform and straight away noticed there was lots of mullet feeding in amongst the weed which was a good start as the theory goes we're there's mullet there's bass.now the buddy is new enough to this lure game and tends to lose a lot of my lures so I gave him the oldest one in my box a rapala j90 jointed lure,while I fished my top lure the white wave worm.his first cast you guessed it he catches a rock ha ha so after a bit of banter the lure is gone,anyway we fish on for the next hour and a half with nothing to show to be honest we were about to call it a day when I saw fish jumping further down the shore so off we went.While walking to the spot I noticed that lure the buddy lost in the water which I some how managed to get back,now at this stage I tried every hard and soft plastic in my box so on with the rapala.The fish turned out to be mullet but on my second cast bang fish on!which turned out to be a lump of a bass happy days.i did not have scales with me but to me it was close to specimen size and picture does not do it justice as he had some belly so il let ye decide.next cast produced my first ever mullet on a feed shallow lure which put up some fight very strong fish,after that we called it day but it just goes to show that you don't always need the most expensive lures to catch bass.oh and both fish went back alive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Possible specimen Bass and mullet

Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:29 am

Cracking fishing lads. You wouldn't mind telling them to head up the east coast soon.

Sent from my Nokia 5110 using carrier pigeons.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:35 am

cracking bass! nice mullet on a lure too and to find your lure washed up was just as unusual :D

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:37 am

You're like a proud father showing off his new born holding that bass. Stonker!

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:20 am

Stevieg wrote:cracking Bass! nice mullet on a lure too and to find your lure washed up was just as unusual :D

I know ya!its like it was meant to be,that lure will be used more often now :D

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:31 am

Well done a beauty of a bass

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:33 am

Serious mullet there and an absolutely stonking bass!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 am

Can't ask for much more than that, super weather and super fish to go with it. Great stuff!!

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:05 am

Excellent stuff again, fair play. Might see you at that mark soon ;)

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:43 am

sailnfish wrote:Excellent stuff again, fair play. Might see you at that mark soon ;)

No doubt about it after that picture ha ha.did you manage to get that surecatch reel in the end,my one got dunked in the water yesterday while landing that fish and it still works,some reel for the money.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:44 am

Beautiful couple of fish lad, big bualadh bos for releasing her :D

Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:14 pm

Cracking fish well done

Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Great bass fair play 8)

Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Any ideas on the weight lads?

Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Looks about 8lb still a great fish. but pictures are hard to put a weight on did you measure the fish .it very accurate way of getting a weight.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:45 pm

razor2 wrote:Looks about 8lb still a great fish. but pictures are hard to put a weight on did you measure the fish .it very accurate way of getting a weight.

unfortunately not but lesson learnt,ah well as you said still a nice fish but I had doubts if he was over the magic 10. Thanks for reply

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:42 pm

I was going to say 8 too but held off as I didnt want to get labeled a kill-joy..! :-)
ye never know though, I have seen 5 pounders weighed and become 7 pounders..!

Well done on the release too, most likely a female and hard to see but doesnt look like she has spawned yet, looks plump.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Savage fish lad big well done and as said already fair play for letting her go ;)

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:18 pm

thecatcher wrote:
sailnfish wrote:Excellent stuff again, fair play. Might see you at that mark soon ;)

No doubt about it after that picture ha ha.did you manage to get that surecatch reel in the end,my one got dunked in the water yesterday while landing that fish and it still works,some reel for the money.
went for a technium 3000 in the end with the 7ft salty. Haven't been fishing since Christmas ( shame) through other commitments. Will be making amends from now on though! fair play again :) very interesting that the mullet took the feed shallow!!

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:41 am

Well done I'd say you got a great scrap out of that bass8-)

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2