Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:00 pm

People:me dad the younger brother

Duration:4:45-8:45

Tide:hw around 4

Weather:breezy but dry

Bait:fresh peeler

Rigs:2 hook

Results:plenty flounders smallest 33cm biggest my new pb 45cm

Report:do lastnihht the plan was made to head out for some flounders the next morning. Rigs were made bait sorted out and gear puf into the car all set fir the morning :D

Woke up this morning to be met with a gusty wind and a cloudy sky with a bit of drizzle every now amd again ......... not the weather we were hoping for .... anyway left the house at 1 and went to get some fresh peelers :lol:

Arrived at the mark just after high water and conditions looked good . Got the gear set up and had first cast in the water at 4:45 ... new venue so didnt know what to expect :? Fishing was slow for the first hour and a half with nothing but some canabil crabs to show :roll: first fish showed at around 6:15 and this was to be the start of a good evening :)

As the tide dropped we were able to reach the channel with a nice cast and this is when the fish began to show after the first fish I had a nice fish of 33cm .

As the tide dropped awat it was clear to see that if we moved 100 yrds to our left it was a lot closer to the channel and less weed to navigate fish through ..... first cast eoin the younger brother had a nice flounder and dad took a fine 36cm flounder followed closely by a nice 44cm fish meanwhile myself and eoin were busy catching nice flounder up to 40cm .....

At about 8:10 I had a nice rattle on my rod as it was nearnly pulled off the stand played the fish and already I could feel there was some weight to the fish . The fish hogged the bottom all the way in and eventually a fabulous 45cm flounder was making his way up the mud and after a quick photo was released and swam away strongly ..... next cast had a double of 34 and 40cm flounder to end the night ..... :P

Brilliant to get such quality fish at a new mark for us . Will definately fish this mark again later in the summer ....... pics to follow tomorrow morning and all fish were released after a quick photo :D

Re: PB FLOUNDER

Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:14 am

Jesus that's a monster flounder fair play

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:08 am

A double of 34 and 40cm flounder. Well done.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:36 am

Try it again in Sept?I'd be back down tonight 8-)

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:01 am

Well done can't beet a new mark stuffed with fish.nice flounder.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:29 am

some pics of the flounders
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:06 pm

what county were you in - thats some savage flounder

Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:20 pm

Serious flounders, very well done! Good report too.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Nice one good flounder

Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Dust bin lids great fishing well done

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Nice one lads 45cm must be near spesamen size no?

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Looks Like a specimen alright. Cracking fish.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:54 am

Wont be a specimen as it's spawned out. If caught in September or October it would be very close or probably just at specimen weight. My PB is a November fish 43cm and 1oz shy of specimen weight. Cracking flounder and As Rodger mentioned, if you hit that spot in the Aunumn, they will be heavier ;)

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Fine Flounder,,

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:58 am

That's some chunk of flounder! Nice one

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Huge flounder, congrats

Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:43 pm

my son had a 45 flounder 2 weeks ago and it was only 1lb 12oz. they are fairly skinny this time of the year

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:03 pm

roger de dodger wrote:Try it again in Sept?I'd be back down tonight 8-)

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

Will have to fish it more over the summer the fish should be nice size by then

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:05 pm

DSull wrote:my son had a 45 flounder 2 weeks ago and it was only 1lb 12oz. they are fairly skinny this time of the year

Infairnous to the fish he wasnt too skinny like the others

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:01 pm

well done ,caught 41cm myself but seems like a long time ago.hopfully will get out soon