tripod settings

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:09 pm

as i fish alot on my own i tend to take all my pics off tripood.is there any settings that would improve the quality of my pics. its jsut a point and shoot camera

cheers neil

Re: tripod settings

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:53 pm

Neil,
The only thing I could suggest is to use the “fill in” flash setting. This works well for many fishy pictures in daylight. You’ll have to check your flash settings on the camera. On my Sony compact I use a “slow synchro” flash setting in daylight and the effect can be great.
Night time is tough on all cameras so I don’t think there’s much you can do there other than bringing a generator and flood lamp
:D

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:58 pm

cheers jim
i find that somtimes theres a distortion between the fish and my outline, and the background.seems to blend into one rather that a sharp contrast between each,

Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:02 pm

Neil,
The manual says that the “Slow Synch” is meant to get the background in better in lower light. I find that it gives better colour separation and the fish looks better as you may get a shine off a wet fish. I’d put it this way, I’ll use a flash more often than not.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:43 am

ok cheers jim. just have to catch a fih worth taking a pic of now.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:14 am

Spot on Jim,

I little bit of fill in flash can be the business... I'll try root out an example and post this evening.

Kev