Colour spots

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:06 am

Hi lads. Can anyone tell me why im getting these colour spots or more to the point how not to get them!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

more

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:09 am

next one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:51 am

its called lens flare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:47 pm

Will try the lens hood so.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:57 pm

What type of camera are you using? Lens flare is nearly enivitable when taking shots directly into the sun. Some lens are better than others when it somes to lens flare. The trick to avoiding it is son't shoot into the sun :roll: but I can see, this is the effect you are looking for. Try to wait the the sun is partially behing the horizon or try position the sun behind a tree. This might help a little.

Kev

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:21 pm

Using a panasonis lumix dmc fz8. your right about the look im going for...
Just wondering can i change some setting on the camera?

Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 pm

Not exactly sure but after having a quick look at images of your camera it looks like a bridge model between the standard point and shoot makes and DSLR's. Therefore I am assuming that it has a complete manual mode. If you want to reduce glare you can can stick the camera on "M" increase the shutter speed and reduce the aperture therefore limiting the amount of light reaching the processing software. Alternatively you could get a filter to stop the glare. However, if you are trying to take snaps of the sun as early in the evening as you are then some sun-flare is inevitable. In my opinion it is always better for the sun to set first, that way the clouds closer to the horizon will not be silhouetted by the sun glare and the clouds higher up in the sky will have a better colouration.

My two cents!

Regards