Northeast Bass Fishing. Dublin to Carlingford

Fishing with Plugs, Spinners and other Artificials

Moderators: teacher, MAC

Northeast Bass Fishing. Dublin to Carlingford

Postby Johnboy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:16 am

Has anybody had ANY bass on lures along the Louth/Meath/Dublin coasts recently? I'm hearing of a few caught with peelers and rag but I've been belting out lures at my local venue, putting in serious hours with no return. The conditions are perfect and this time last year we were catching them.
My local venue is one that I have fished for 12 years but it was only last year that I started fishing for bass by design rather than just sea trout and I'm willing to keep punching the plugs and SPs out but it's getting worrying at this stage.

Any reports of bass from the area would be great.

cheers.
Johnboy
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 8 times

Re: Northeast Bass Fishing. Dublin to Carlingford

Postby daveyboy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:22 am

Getting the odd one here and there around North Dublin. Not many though. Hopefully it picks up for ya soon. This seems to come up every year though. I'm no expert but you get the impression from those with a lot of experience that there's a continual decline..hope not
daveyboy
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 79 times

Postby Johnboy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:21 am

Yeah I'm getting that impression too. I know of some anglers who've stored bothering with particular mark -such as my own-. Can't be completely devoid of fish though. I know the bass fishing asking the Meath/Louth coast can be temperamental, hoping it picks up in Sept because the sea trout fishing has been terrible to in relation to other years
Johnboy
SAI Lug Worm

Postby Fish Tracker » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:47 am

Have fished a few marks around the Boyne estuary recently, very poor
Fish Tracker
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Johnboy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:48 pm

Yeah I've had no luck there so far this year. My mate had one and that's the only one I've seen this year
Johnboy
SAI Lug Worm

Postby Buddner » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:14 am

Last year was a great year for Bass for me but this year i've only had one Bass landed (last week) , i lost a few but all in all the Bass run this year was very poor on the Meath coast. I hope its just this year and the Bass come back next year, the weather this year was crap for lure fishing, there seemed to be a constant stain and sediment on the water which reduced clarity, bait would probably be a better option for the rest of the year.I noticed that the Razzor clam trawlers are back in force this year :? so with that and a bad summer and the poor old mackerel not arriving in big numbers all adds up a bad Bass year in my estimation.
Buddner
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 12 times

Postby ventry boy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:34 am

I fish the Dingle peninsular and the bass fishing has been abysmal this year. Both sides Brandon and Dingle the bass are just not about. I read on the forum that its illegal netting and too much pressure from anglers, too many fish being kept etc. I don't buy into this at all, netting has always gone on and most of the anglers I know release almost everything and if anything visiting angler numbers are down. These boys probably don't come into the equation anyway, they come for a few days and come for the sport and not the pot.

The bass are just not here.Some thing else is going on I think, maybe climate change ? What ever it is it's very worrying and it's happening around most of Ireland.
ventry boy
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 35 times

Return to Lure Fishing