braid and wind knot

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:48 pm

lads

I got a tiny wind knot on my braid line about 20 meters from the leader. I know a knot in mono severely weakens the line but is it the same issue with braid?

basically do i need to cut the line back so that it won't break at a pressure significantly below breaking strain?

Re: braid and wind knot

Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:45 pm

It will weaken the line. Plus it might get further damaged going out through the eyes of your rod repeatedly.... Plus it will pick up weed in the water.... Suck it up and snip :)

Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:40 pm

As above, lost top eye today because of a knot in the braid :(

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:54 pm

instead of cutting the line why not just reverse it so the knot is towards the inside of the spool, you'll probably never again see the knot, if you cut it you'll lose some distance casting.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:16 pm

anto2121 wrote:instead of cutting the line why not just reverse it so the knot is towards the inside of the spool, you'll probably never again see the knot, if you cut it you'll lose some distance casting.
you took the words out of my mouth anto :wink:

Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks for advise. I've reversed the line. Problem solved :D

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:04 am

I would try and find what caused the wind knot as if you get one you are bound to get others.I find it is the lack of a swivel between your trace and the mainline causes a twisting on the line which results in giving wind knots.Small swivel solved it for me ?
mickser

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:55 pm

anto2121 wrote:instead of cutting the line why not just reverse it so the knot is towards the inside of the spool, you'll probably never again see the knot, if you cut it you'll lose some distance casting.
how do you reverse line , reel it on to another spool ? :?

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:43 am

You have to reel it on to an empty spool and then from that spool on to another and then from that back onto the reel....It's easy if u make up spools that will attach to a cordless drill.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:55 am

Cheers anto,,cordless drill :!: will have to give that a go :D