best lure 2014

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:54 pm

just wondering what people found to be there best lure the season gone or indeed there favorite lure this season,
i found the savage sandeel in white to be a real killer this year,although i still fine my favorite lure to be the storm chug bug,hard to beat a bass take on a popper... :)

Re: best lure 2014

Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:48 am

Feed Shallow in Glow White, worked great in night and day.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:38 am

Savage gear sandeel in Green would be my number 2 for this year. Had most of my fish this year on the superb Megabass Zonk Gataride Hi Pitch in the Hama Shirazu colour. Cant seem to find that colour anymore though for some reason, not even on the Japanese sites.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:17 am

I used a host of soft lures! Berkley Powerbait minnows, Hart Absolut Worms, Sandeel Slugs, Koneels, Nitro Jerk, Nitro shads, Nitro Jerk Finesse (Illex), Yum Senkos, Yum Lil Susies, D'Fins, D'Tails..... Black Minnows.
I suppose I'll have to lean to the Black Minnow - As over hyped as it is now, it does catch fish (but so do all the others as well)!

Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:08 pm

I'd agree Savage Gear sandeels are superb. However, the Savage Gear slug has been my best lure of the last two seasons....and agree with Jim, the Black Minnow has to come out ever time I'm out boat fishing for bass.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Feed Shallow #9 Slit HG Sardine. Not saying it is the best colour, it's the colour of the only Feed Shallow I have, and consequently the one I use the most!

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:39 pm

id say savage gear sand eel since it came out

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Keep an eye on a lure from Sakura called the Bainer - if you like subsurface drift and drop stickbait fishing this one proved an eye opener for me (even from the boat)

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:22 am

JimH wrote:Keep an eye on a lure from Sakura called the Bainer - if you like subsurface drift and drop stickbait fishing this one proved an eye opener for me (even from the boat)

Thats a nice looking stickbait Jim. The 105 is 30g, do you use them mostly in easturuies?

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:13 pm

That's the one Tom - seems to work in a lot of places.

Don't get me wrong but a bit like Jim and Pat and Rooster too - I tend to believe most modern lures catch a lot of bass - but is there a significant difference say between a lucky craft wander a hart reef pencil and a Smith Cherry blood lipless?

Between modern similar lures that make the same/similar presentation is there a significant greater fish catching performance? Or on a year on year basis is everybody catching more fish as they use the latest lure of the same or similar type? I'm not so sure.

They may catch more fish as they change their presentation techniques certainly and very few people would argue of the deadly effectiveness of soft bait fishing as a general approach. Is their a big difference (catch wise) between a Yamamoto senko worm and a Wave worm bamboo stick?

So is the Sakaura bainer better - no not really much better in comparison to anything else I've used that's similar, BUT I am convinced it 'holds its line' better both on the drop "rolling" and on retrieve when conditions are tough + it casts extremely well

Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Ima salt skimmer