Worse then heroin

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Sorry about topic header but I honestly think I have a problem.
I can't stop buying stuff for fishing.
Although got the 2 lures I couldn't most people couldn't get for 16 months these babies

I have some amount of gear and there's a lot still not pictured.

But hey could be a lot worse could be

And all fits in here nicely around the shoulder which I can get anything and out and clip on in a minute.

Wife sees this I'm divorced. But I'm taking the kids with me [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Worse then heroin

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:56 pm

there should be a counselling service, i say ive genuinely got out for bass maybe 5 times in 2 years on the lure - yet theres probably 300 lures in the house

my name is brian and im a luraholic!!!

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:59 pm

corbyeire wrote:there should be a counselling service, i say ive genuinely got out for Bass maybe 5 times in 2 years on the lure - yet theres probably 300 lures in the house

my name is brian and im a luraholic!!!

My names kevin and I know how you feel. And I can't give it up. And I don't want to [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:59 pm

My name is John and I too am a luraholic...

I have an addiction and I need help.

Apologies for the grainy photos but the good phone was lost to an ill-considered juggling attempt on Paddy's day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:07 pm

I should of put up rods and reels. But if she saw me doing it she be asking.
Nice stuff there pal.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:08 pm

jgraham768 wrote:My name is John and I too am a luraholic...

Apologies for the grainy photos but the good phone was lost to an ill-considered juggling attempt on Paddy's day.

What type phone I fix them have my own business. Can I help ya out

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:54 am

Deise boy wrote:
jgraham768 wrote:My name is John and I too am a luraholic...

What type phone I fix them have my own business. Can I help ya out

Its a Galaxy SII but it's in multiple pieces, you'd need another one that works to fix it absolutely exploded altogether, she was an old gal anyways but worked perfect up until her break for freedom! :oops:

Ya those are only the lure rods, there's also beach rods, boat rods, uptide rods, boxes and boxes of hooks, lines, swivels and beads. Oh and a couple of fly rods and a few boxes of flies... :roll: Probably buy a new boat for the prices of all the tackle in the shed! :shock: :shock:

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:59 am

in your defence Keith that first lure, the komomo 2 flashing plate in the sandeel colour, if i wasnt already married........ i would marry that. Gorgeous!

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:31 am

Savage lures. Cian has a few left but are not on shelf.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Nice lures .... i am starting the lue fishing this summer myself .... need to start buying a few ... what lures should i but first ??

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:02 pm

I find with all the lures I have I keep changing lures every 20 minutes trying to find the lure that the bass will take. My name is Des & I'm a luraholic

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:28 pm

thats the first rule to recovery - head out with only 6 lures if you dont know the water well - if you know your only going shallow bring 3 - the fish dont know this is your favourite lure that cost you €17

9 times out of 10 keep a door handle in the box - their usually only 2/3 euro a piece and you never seem to loose them ones as much as the balsa wood/flashy types!

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:59 pm

lad123 wrote:Nice lures .... i am starting the lue fishing this summer myself .... need to start buying a few ... what lures should i but first ??

My bit of advice is get top water shallow diving as if your not used to them. You will be losing €25 lures the whole time.
That kimono 2 and my sonic hound if they got caught I wouldn't think twice about stripping to my jocks to get it back.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:43 pm

Deise boy wrote:That kimono 2 and my sonic hound if they got caught I wouldn't think twice about stripping to my jocks to get it back.

Amen to that!! I've a tendency to find some random online shop and buy €200 worth of lures and jelly's and all that, go out on the boat and lose €250 worth of lures.. :cry: :cry:

I've probably spent half a grand on savage gear stuff alone! An then gone an lost most of it... :oops:

A word of advice, never ever under any circumstances give some shmuck your barnd new out of the box yo-zuri to chance a bass, ever!!

Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:07 pm

I have decided to buy only 2 more lures a ima komomo in cotton candy & a megabass zonk 120 in cruising blue o ya & a lure box that's it I swear

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:36 pm

i'm the same have about 25-30 lures and end up using 5-6 for the whole year.BOYS AND OUR TOYS

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:45 pm

I rang a doctor about it and explained the problem.
He said I need to relax more.

So I packed up my stuff and went fishing

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Lads, Lads, Lads...I have enough hard lures and soft plastics to fill my own shop :oops: but here's the thing the same old lures get used every trip because they have caught for me in the past and will continue to do so :wink: :wink: , a wise lad on this forum can catch bass with a H.M.L. (end of a teaspoon with a treble at one end and a swivel at the other) which proves to me that the hardest thing about catching bass is finding them :shock: :shock: . Every year tackle shops have the latest, greatest, guaranteed to catch fish, shiny , flashing( plate) high end lure from Japan ( by the way I use them too) which are guaranteed to catch anglers that's for sure. I'm not against new lures, new technology etc but a kilty will catch bass and the bass don't care whether or not your lure cost 28 yoyo's. If someone can prove to me that the actual lure used is responsible for their catch and not the fact that the fish were feeding and you presented the lure correctly in the right location at the right time etc then I'll take it all back but nine times out of ten it's finding them that counts.
A recovering addict!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Good point Declan. And a few facts there. But I do believe that there are a few lures there that attract fish. I have no doubt about that what so ever.

And you know yourself that you make sure that you have that lure with you on certain days / nights in certain places.

If the spoon worked the whole time we be all adding things to it to try make it better.

It's just the evolution of fishing as is any sport / game / competition.

I seen bass being caught with vibrators. ( fact )

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:34 pm

Deise boy wrote:
I seen Bass being caught with vibrators. ( fact )

That video is on youtube and it was caught by a person that posts here.
Ive heard of another bass caught on a carrot that (i think) had a hole bored thru the centre and a treble attatched, again by another poster on this site.