DIY Lead Heads Part Two.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:14 pm

well following on from this thread viewtopic.php?f=28&t=39062&hilit=DIY+lead i made a while back.
I went and got a tronixpro Rockfish L rod. so i went about making some micro lead heads to suit this setup, some odd shapes were produced on size 6's and 4'S and decorated with some of my daughters nail varnish :) , looking forward to trying some of them out :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: DIY Lead Heads Part Two.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:23 pm

lookin good john, hope they do the business for ye!

Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:30 pm

well got to use some of heads on the Rockfish L rod yesterday great fun catching dogs, ballans wrasse, corkwing wrasse, whiting and pouting 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:36 pm

nice one mate!! well done. got myself a light set up a while back but haven't had a chance to give it a proper go. hoping that changes soon!!

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:09 pm

gdd wrote:nice one mate!! well done. got myself a light set up a while back but haven't had a chance to give it a proper go. hoping that changes soon!!
cheers gdd, great fun adds a whole new dimension to the way you fish, i have been using a very light telescopic setup for years while on holidays but i think i might have been converted to using this new rod at home more often :wink:

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:25 pm

the last time you did this thread john,fair play to ya,i got the inspiration :wink:
i made a mold from teak,and scorched the inside...i havent used it yet..tomorrow i will give it a go after work...it will take anything from a 2/0 to a 5/0 hook but obviously loosing length on the shank the smaller size hook you use and it will take 10grms of lead approx...without "DIY Lead heads 1" i wouldve never have done it.i reckon the more tackle you can make at home yourself the better.you'd have more faith in it.i know i have a bigger smile when i catch on a trace and weight i've tied and poured myself.even better again when you dig your own bait,but thats another story.:wink:
cool cool post laad.
kudos 8)

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Thanks very much lucky :wink: yep there is nothing like it when you catch on something that you have made yourself, i have had plenty of fish on the heads in part one and a few fish on the new small stuff nice little pass time and also saves a few bob so your not worried about droping them into the rough stuff :wink: looking forward to seeing the results of your mould later on :D

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:58 am

nice John1, must give this a go!