Re: sp"s for Bass?

Thu May 30, 2013 5:13 pm

theres a better picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 31, 2013 10:04 am

Looks ok to me. It's more about how it's hanging! :-) if the lure looks as close to how it does without the jig head, and is not warped or twisted then you have it right. There are vids on YouTube about rigging sluggos etc which will show you but from that pic it looks fine.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:04 am

Eoghan wrote:Looks ok to me. It's more about how it's hanging! :-) if the lure looks as close to how it does without the jig head, and is not warped or twisted then you have it right. There are vids on YouTube about rigging sluggos etc which will show you but from that pic it looks fine.

grand so ill try get it as straight as i can anyway :)

Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:11 am

The hook should come out of the flat side of xlayer not ribbed top

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:18 pm

bustlingrio wrote:The hook should come out of the flat side of xlayer not ribbed top

I disagree. It really doesn't matter which side the hook comes through. Either side is effective when fished correctly. I have caught many fish with them rigged anyway. Even through the side when the back and ribbed sides have been wrecked.

OP
I think you have it rigged just fine. Sometimes that "off shape" happens when the hook goes through too far down the xlayer. I usually place jig head on xlayer and size it up before hooking it on. That way you have an idea where to push the hook point through.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:12 am

I like these in colour #6 attached with this in 3.5gr.