sp"s for bass?

Tue May 28, 2013 2:56 pm

im buying a few sps for bass and i usually use xlayers and wave worms but wanted to try a few new ones what softies do you use for bass? and you find work well

Re: sp"s for Bass?

Tue May 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Don't mention the B word during the ban....they'll have torches and pitch forks out after you!!.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :?

Tue May 28, 2013 4:47 pm

mackfish wrote:Don't mention the B word during the ban....they'll have torches and pitch forks out after you!!.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :?

Haha b**s so just stocking up anyway

Tue May 28, 2013 8:28 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C0hazPdurDE

Re: sp

Tue May 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Don't forget the Savage Gear Sandeel. If I had to rely on only one lure to catch a bass it would be the 23g version. I use the real pearl colour. Easy to use too on a standard lure rod and works great on a fairly slow straight retrieve.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Tue May 28, 2013 11:17 pm

bloodhead Sidewinder, its all you'll need
caught my first bass on one and many decent pollack too. they all love it. and its weighted

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QED2FC0ko8A

Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 am

To be honest the xlayers and the wave worms will catch just as many fish as any,

To satisfy your tackle urge ill mention: Slug-Go's, One up shads.

Tight Lines.

Wed May 29, 2013 9:25 am

As much as we probably hate to admit it, a lot of these SP's look and work the same. I think you need to find the fish first rather than get caught up on the choice of lure. Let’s face it if a bass is hungry and an angler puts a sluggo, savage gear, black minnow, shad and so on in front of it or within the strike range then it’s going to take it. On the other hand you can cast the most expensive “best lure” on the market and if they are not there, not feeding etc then you will blank. What happens is an angler puts up a pic of a bass they caught on the "New" lure. We see this and think - I haven’t got that lure and rush out to buy it. I am definitely a victim if this..! I think it’s more how you work the lure you are using than the lure itself. Don’t get me wrong there are some crap lures out there but I personally don’t believe that some of them are worth the money or make that much difference. Take me and the kilty lure – I swear by it and you are all probably blue in the face listening to me go on about it. The fact is it’s not so much the lure, but more the confidence I have when I am using the lure and the time and effort I take to making that lure work on the right mark. All of the Sp’s mentioned above are spot on. I personally like white and mullet colored ones. (Dark back and white belly)
I would buy some Sluggo’s and some Savage gear sandeel slugs in a few colors and try them out first before ordering every lure mentioned on the forums. What will probably happen is one day you will be at the right time at the right place and that SP will be the one you swear by and use more than most others. It’s definitely a confidence thing.

Wed May 29, 2013 11:52 am

Well said Eoghan. I've said similar on here myself. Finding the fish is the key. And once you catch on lure A you are more likely to use it more often and therefore catch more fish on it so it becomes your best lure. That doesn't necessarily mean it's better than lure B or C. I don't think the fish are that fussy.

Having said that weighted sandeels like the original Savage Gear sandeels, Sidewinders and weighted Redgills are cheap and easy to use (just cast them out and reel them in) in all but very shallow weedy ground. Then you need to go with a weedless sp like the sluggo or Savage slug rigged weedless, or a shallow diver.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Wed May 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Savage gear sandeels and slugs

Wed May 29, 2013 1:31 pm

I've been having great sport with Pollack on these, so I'm sure they would work great on the bass tooo...
http://www.lureshop.eu/soft-4play-lb-ma ... m-21g.html

Wed May 29, 2013 9:38 pm

shads..texas style.....sloooooooooooooooooow sink and draw....real slow

Wed May 29, 2013 9:52 pm

just a quick quetion aswell i started using xlayers around last august abd i fish them with a jig head and at the top of the xlayer it sorts of pushes in like a dint when the jig head is in it i presume this is normal yes?

Wed May 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Not sure what u mean? Can u post a pic?

Wed May 29, 2013 11:54 pm

lurehunter1 wrote:just a quick quetion aswell i started using xlayers around last august abd i fish them with a jig head and at the top of the xlayer it sorts of pushes in like a dint when the jig head is in it i presume this is normal yes?

I presume you mean there is a 'barb' on the shank of the jighead that creates the bump when rigged? If so you can use a pliers to flatten this a little but i would not be worried about it either way.

Thu May 30, 2013 12:08 am

Eoghan wrote:Not sure what u mean? Can u post a pic?

ill try i wasnt able to last time i was selling someting it said someting about pixels too big or someting? ill try again tommorow

Thu May 30, 2013 9:25 am

Go into Paint on your laptop/pc and on the top left of the screen is a resize option. Start/programs/accessories/paint

When the pic is opened you should be able to see it all on your screen. If not the pic is too large and you need to resize until the pic is approx half the size of your screen. This should be safe enough to post.

Thu May 30, 2013 11:44 am

They'll all catch on any given day!
The ones I would not like to be without are:

Black minnow
Sandeel slug
Hart leech, Absolut worm
Illex nitro range- shad, spring, jerk etc.
Illex ishad
Diawa D'swim etc.

Every year there always is a must have! :)

Thu May 30, 2013 5:06 pm

the sorta bend in the top part is this okay?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 30, 2013 5:07 pm

because i cant seem to get it any better