looking for a new lure vest

Wed May 15, 2013 7:08 pm

i am looking to get a new waterproof lure fishing vest and was wondering what anybody else was using.
have been looking at the sakura koa, hart, and savage gear vests but found a nice one on amazon called
a KLOBBA fly waistcoat for 19.99 sterling has anyone got one or know anybody who has one .
any feedback or thoughts would be much appreciated

Re: looking for a new lure vest

Wed May 15, 2013 10:38 pm

I have a Koa it's fine while it lasts. Which in my experience and quite a few others isn't very long! I would avoid it. The stiching on one of the shoulder straps started to go on mine after a couple of trips but didn't give out completely. Then the zips gave trouble. But that's saltwater for you wax might have helped. I still use it but it's in bits and most would have dumped it by now.

The Klobba might be a good bet I know a couple of people on another forum who use them. If it only lasts a season or two it's half the price of the Koa so why not. I don't know about the Savage Gear one I think it's new. I'm prob going to replace my Koa this season with the Klobba or perhaps the Savage Gear vest if it looks decent quality.

Good luck.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Fri May 17, 2013 4:40 pm

http://www.worldseafishing.com/reviews/ ... _vest.html

Know nothing about this vest so can't say good or bad about it. Just know Henrys Tackle have them for around 65? Can't remember exact price. Comes with a pliers which is a nice touch.

Would take the glowing review with a pinch of salt - he seems to only test Hart gear and never has a bad word to say about it! Does look like a decent bit of kit having said that.

Alternative would be a sling bag or hip bag? There's a nice illex hip bag on pecheur.com for around 30. P&P is free if you spend more than 69. Should comfortably carry most of the bits and bobs you need for a session without leaving your back aching.

Agree with Divisdero, salt eats every bag/vest alive! Not sure I'd spend big bucks on any vest/bag - would settle for a mid-range one and hope to get a few seasons out of it but then I'm quite hard on stuff. My vest died early this year - settled on a cheap Daiwa sling bag from Henrys for 35 quid - does the job just fine and carries all I need. It's not state of the art but its grand! Others have recommended the Snowbee one.

Sun May 19, 2013 4:13 pm

I had a Klobba wading jacket and it lasted five years or so.It was great and I would have bought another but couldnt find any stockists. I only got rid of it as the waterproof coat was no longer effective after a few to many machine washes .It was a lot warmer than my current Daiwa Wilderness wading jacket

Sun May 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Steve wrote:http://www.worldseafishing.com/reviews/luggageclothing/review_hart_pro_spinning_vest.html

Know nothing about this vest so can't say good or bad about it. Just know Henrys Tackle have them for around 65? Can't remember exact price. Comes with a pliers which is a nice touch.

Would take the glowing review with a pinch of salt - he seems to only test Hart gear and never has a bad word to say about it! Does look like a decent bit of kit having said that.

Alternative would be a sling bag or hip bag? There's a nice illex hip bag on pecheur.com for around 30. P&P is free if you spend more than 69. Should comfortably carry most of the bits and bobs you need for a session without leaving your back aching.

Agree with Divisdero, salt eats every bag/vest alive! Not sure I'd spend big bucks on any vest/bag - would settle for a mid-range one and hope to get a few seasons out of it but then I'm quite hard on stuff. My vest died early this year - settled on a cheap Daiwa sling bag from Henrys for 35 quid - does the job just fine and carries all I need. It's not state of the art but its grand! Others have recommended the Snowbee one.

i got a hart vest no too long ago about 3weeks ago and i think its well worth the 65 it comes with two small bits boxes and a pliers but you would only fit a small lure box in the pockets as their not the biggest but everything else is great:-)

Mon May 27, 2013 5:18 pm

thought about getting a vest b4 for saltwater. there was nothing that suited. the are all good when new but are made to a fresh water spec. a good alternative is a light weight sailing jacket as the zips dont seem to corrode. also a lot of guys use a spray of silicone oil on zips b4 they head out.

Mon May 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Eoin I have used a sailing jacket for the last couple of years and it is still going strong including the zips. Better for saltwater than fishing specific jackets in my opinion. Wading jackets work but are really designed for freshwater use. I still need a vest/bag though to carry the lunch and gear needed on an all-day session!

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2