Re: your most successful Bass lure??

Tue May 14, 2013 3:55 pm

What way do you find is best to retrieve the kilty?[/quote]

I have found that 3 or so regular turns follows by 3 fast erratic turns, speeding up essentially. Its usually on the speed up that I get the hit. Entices them to strike. Try also sink n draw on deeper marks, great for pollock over a reef mark. Also moving the rod quickly from left to right, again as erratic as possible and try to put as much life into the lure as poss. So 3 turns to the left then quickly move the rod to your right and 3 turns etc..twitching as much as poss.
I try everything. Sometimes the old slow wallowing retrieve is all they want. Depends on water temp and how switched on they are.
(God I wish I was fishing right now :-) )

Tue May 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Eoghan wrote:What way do you find is best to retrieve the kilty?

I have found that 3 or so regular turns follows by 3 fast erratic turns, speeding up essentially. Its usually on the speed up that I get the hit. Entices them to strike. Try also sink n draw on deeper marks, great for pollock over a reef mark. Also moving the rod quickly from left to right, again as erratic as possible and try to put as much life into the lure as poss. So 3 turns to the left then quickly move the rod to your right and 3 turns etc..twitching as much as poss.
I try everything. Sometimes the old slow wallowing retrieve is all they want. Depends on water temp and how switched on they are.
(God I wish I was fishing right now :-) )[/quote]
Looks like you know the lure inside out haha

Tue May 14, 2013 7:00 pm

my favourite & most sucessful lure down through the years has been the storm chug-bug,have caught more bass on them i can care to remember & pretty inexpensive considering the price of some of the more expensive lures that have come on the market the last few years.

Tue May 14, 2013 8:24 pm

payo seashot minnow all the way

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:34 pm

1. feedshallow - bad caster great action and colors, shallow diver
2. komomo 2 - great caster, great action, ok colors, v shallow diver
3. Zonk gataride high pitch - great action great cast great colors, slightly deeper diver