your most successful Bass lure??

Thu May 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Thought his would be intresting topic,whats your most successful bass lure? mine would be an abu toby silver with red wings:-)

Re: your most successful Bass lure??

Thu May 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Savage Gear Eel, Real Pearl!!

Fri May 10, 2013 12:24 am

Alie Mag surface popper in mackeral livery.

Fri May 10, 2013 8:10 am

Storm Jointed thunder stick so far :D

Fri May 10, 2013 9:28 am

Maybe an idea to include estimated catch rate, or total estimated catch.

Fri May 10, 2013 11:37 am

Feed shallow accounting for 8 lure caught bass this year 8)

Fri May 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Silver kilty

Fri May 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Rapala J-11 F in Blue

It doesn't cast brilliantly, it's not made in china, it doesn't cost the earth - but it's a great fish catcher

Fri May 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Rapala maxrap 13 cm in chartreuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat May 11, 2013 7:01 pm

this year the wave woom tiki-bamboo stick and the savage sand eel are level par with two each

Sat May 11, 2013 7:54 pm

The shiny japanese hard baits arent what they are made out to be..

Sat May 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Green Kilty by a country mile. I think more that I can cast it so far in any conditions it allows me to cover more ground than most other lures thus increasing time in the water. It has great action too and looks very like a sandeel. It's cheap too compared to most lures. It of course needs to be used on the right mark. A deeper water mark would not be ideal as you would miss most ideal areas on the retrieve but on shallow rocky areas with sandy patches this lure kills.

Mon May 13, 2013 1:44 am

Ive heard a Lot of good things about the green kilty must give it a try

Mon May 13, 2013 9:38 am

lurehunter1 wrote:Ive heard a Lot of good things about the green kilty must give it a try

I would definitly have one or two handy. They are only around €5 each and in todays lure world thats cheap. If ye need a bit of distance or if you want to cast it into an unknown area where ye dont want to cast your prize €30 lure then send in the kilty's..! They're like the recon of the lure world. :-)

Add a small circle hook and off ye go. Will take Bass, pollock, macks, trout*, and so on.

I might just also add im falling in love with the feed shallow. Again depends on the mark but this lure rocks. Esp the white or mullet coloured ones.

Mon May 13, 2013 10:12 am

Good old Payo toe shot minnow - one of the best lures around and cheap as chips.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Payo-Toe-Shot-S ... 43bb537719

Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 am

Kilty - had bass on the lumi, silver, green, red/white...dont think the colour makes a massive difference. Jensen Tobis good too.

Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 pm

pete wrote:Kilty - had Bass on the lumi, silver, green, red/white...dont think the colour makes a massive difference. Jensen Tobis good too.

Agree on the colour of the kilty, have had bass on all colours. Favourite hard body and most successful for me has been the zonk and the feed shallow, pricey but worth it.

Mon May 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Eoghan wrote:
lurehunter1 wrote:Ive heard a Lot of good things about the green kilty must give it a try

I would definitly have one or two handy. They are only around €5 each and in todays lure world thats cheap. If ye need a bit of distance or if you want to cast it into an unknown area where ye dont want to cast your prize €30 lure then send in the kilty's..! They're like the recon of the lure world. :-)

Add a small circle hook and off ye go. Will take Bass, pollock, macks, trout*, and so on.

I might just also add im falling in love with the feed shallow. Again depends on the mark but this lure rocks. Esp the white or mullet coloured ones.

What way do you find is best to retrieve the kilty?

Mon May 13, 2013 8:34 pm

The Austrian wrote:Good old Payo toe shot minnow - one of the best lures around and cheap as chips.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Payo-Toe-Shot-S ... 43bb537719

heard some good reports about them lures.

Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 pm

Payo seashot lures work great a shallow running lure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk