DUO Tide Minnow

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:39 pm

So many choices that i dont no what one to choose. :?
I have been trying to pick out a duo tide minnow
to buy but cant decided what series or color to choose.
I fish around east cork off rocks in both rough and
calm conditions in shallow enough water.
Any help and advice will be appreciated.

Re: DUO Tide Minnow

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Any thoughts?

Wed May 01, 2013 9:25 am

What casting range is your rod?

There's lots of different options but I do like the
Duo Tide Minnow 140 Slim K225 it's the black candy one. Some people rather a more natural Sandeel colours such as Duo Tide Minnow 125 SLD D99-DM holo Sandeel.

Both have great swimming actions and they run fairly shallow.

Wed May 01, 2013 9:26 am

Hi try get them in natural colours and 16g+ for casting further, theres a lad on ebay.com sells them @ $13 for the 120mm ssr

Thu May 02, 2013 1:33 pm

For fishing in shallow rough ground in East Cork I would go for a Feed Shallow, for most of the rocky shoreline around there the Tide Minnow swims too deep.

Thu May 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks for the help lads. The casting weight is 40-150g.
I already have the feed shallow but it hasn't been very successful for me so a friend of mine told me to try this out but i do see the rocky locations being a problem as they are mainly where i fish. Thanks again lads. :)

Sun May 05, 2013 12:05 am

Take a look at IMA Komomo II as well as the IMA Komomo SF 125 which are also great lures over shallow areas.

Sun May 05, 2013 9:54 am

daly94z wrote:Thanks for the help lads. The casting weight is 40-150g.
I already have the feed shallow but it hasn't been very successful for me so a friend of mine told me to try this out but i do see the rocky locations being a problem as they are mainly where i fish. Thanks again lads. :)

Hi, the rod is a BIT too strong :o YOU need 90g lure to make it work ,i use 15-40g rod for 18-30g lures ,and its not easy to find perfect setup
tight lines

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:01 pm

they are great in a good swell.they bite well in the water.I always have one in the lure box for rough water days.(when It seems the fish sit outside the whitewater madness zone a little..ie being battered off the rocks in a heavy swell).be prepared to catch pollock as well.