lahinch beach

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:31 am

hi all,
does anyone know if lahinch beach is worth fishing and if so would spinning be better than beachcasting? i don't think i've ever seen anyone fishing there so i'm guessing no! would appreciate any feedback,thanks

Re: lahinch beach

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:07 am

plenty of schoolies, best to hold the rod I find, as they hit once and once only. try bouncing a sandeel and small drilled bullet....

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:49 pm

If you want to use a lure try down the estuary at liscannor or off to the next strand in Cregg off the rocks at low water.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:47 am

There is a fresh water stream down the end that produced to nice trout within 15 mins the one time I went, as the sea was a bit to choppy(Big surges)

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:56 am

Hi

If you are fishing the estuary, please be careful - there is quick sand there.

I was always told that the unusual rock in the middle is a monument to a local priest lost there trying to ford the river to reach an elderly relative in need of the last rites. Whether true or not, I know from personal experience - albeit many years ago - that the sand near the banks of the river can give way very quickly and that it is deceptively deep in places. There are sea trout and mullet here as indicated.

Check it at low water if you want to lure fish there.

The other spot that can work is the far end of town, at the junction of the sand and the rocks, near the "top" end of the promenade. This can throw up bass and flats to beachcasting and I have seen sizeable pollack taken here in stormy conditions approaching darkness on a coming tide.

Don't fish into the rocks, tackle losses are appalling.

HTH