which kilty?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:32 pm

howdy lads,
have been looking at kilty lures,kilty-catchers in particular..for bass,anybody care to shed some light on their favourite one? or any tales of woe or victory regarding kiltys,
heading down to the kingdom for the may bank holiday weekend,stocking up a bit and i'm not really a lure-head so all replies greatly appriciated :)
cheers

Re: which kilty?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:44 pm

I know a few lads here swear by the Green Kilty for that neck of the woods.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:20 pm

I don't think it makes any odds really ,but I usually use the silver ones they do grand for seatrout and bass ,and as we all know any lure will do if u find fish feeding hard enough

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:01 pm

i have a brand new kilty in my lure bag for the last 8 months get some savage gear sand eels padle tails in sliver and white there leathal

Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:10 pm

With all the high tech lures these days and amazing soft plastics, I am ashamed to say I would not leave the house without a green Kilty. At any stage I have 7 or more in my bag. Just look at some of my catch reports over the years. As Jim h will tell you it's all about confidence. I put on a Kilty and expect to catch, and I usually do. I like em for the distance you can get and they are not expensive so I will chuck em into the dirtiest ground and marks I can find. I swap the Trev for a single circle type hook, quick release. I have every lure under the sun and this is without on my top 3 must haves.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:21 pm

nicefish wrote:I know a few lads here swear by the Green Kilty for that neck of the woods.

cheers amigo,nice one.thats the stuff i'm looking for.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:08 am

eoghanb wrote:I don't think it makes any odds really ,but I usually use the silver ones they do grand for seatrout and Bass ,and as we all know any lure will do if u find fish feeding hard enough

thanx for your input on the kilty's man..true that tho' any lure will do if u find fish feeding hard enough,and if you fish any lure hard enough you will find fish... :D

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:12 am

guts wrote:i have a brand new kilty in my lure bag for the last 8 months get some savage gear sand eels padle tails in sliver and white there leathal

did you ever use it? got some savage gear stuff,the sandeels,hav'nt tried 'em yet tho cheers for the reply dude :)

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:22 am

Eoghan wrote:With all the high tech lures these days and amazing soft plastics, I am ashamed to say I would not leave the house without a green Kilty. At any stage I have 7 or more in my bag. Just look at some of my catch reports over the years. As Jim h will tell you it's all about confidence. I put on a Kilty and expect to catch, and I usually do. I like em for the distance you can get and they are not expensive so I will chuck em into the dirtiest ground and marks I can find. I swap the Trev for a single circle type hook, quick release. I have every lure under the sun and this is without on my top 3 must haves.

nice one boy,thats the kinda info i'm after...an uncle of mine used to use them and swore by them like you have,but i never got to know his tactics as i was but a young feather-chucker at the time and i never got to really speak with him in depth about fishing in general..a big thanks man... :D
green kilty on the list!

Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Eoghan wrote:With all the high tech lures these days and amazing soft plastics, I am ashamed to say I would not leave the house without a green Kilty. At any stage I have 7 or more in my bag. Just look at some of my catch reports over the years. As Jim h will tell you it's all about confidence. I put on a Kilty and expect to catch, and I usually do. I like em for the distance you can get and they are not expensive so I will chuck em into the dirtiest ground and marks I can find. I swap the Trev for a single circle type hook, quick release. I have every lure under the sun and this is without on my top 3 must haves.

what size single hooks do you tend to use on them?

Wed May 08, 2013 4:20 pm

I think its a 2/0 circle hook I use. On the rare occasion I use bait I use the same hook and up to 4/0. Fantastic hook up rate. But for lure fishing and quick release they are ideal.

Wed May 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Eoghan wrote:I think its a 2/0 circle hook I use. On the rare occasion I use bait I use the same hook and up to 4/0. Fantastic hook up rate. But for lure fishing and quick release they are ideal.

cheers eoghan, will give them a go - really like the idea of quick release