Kayak Trailer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Meself and the father have been talking about trailers over the past few months. We wanted a trailer that is light and can take the two kayaks but more importantly the width had to be kept to a minimum due to access restrictions. He came across a farmer getting rid of a clapped up trailer with the right width so he bought it and we stripped it out and done some welding to strengthen the trailer and cross bars to hold the second kayak. We also painted it today. Next stage is to sheet it out and then add accessories for the camping trips.

She's painted up and the floor laid. We got some hard wood flooring at a knock down price. So the plan is to paint it again with marine grade paint when its finished. Just hoping it was the right decision :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Kayak Trailer

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 am

Nice tidy little trailer anto, first one i have seen with a maple floor :lol: :lol: i hape you left an expansion gap along the side edges :wink:
also nice to meet up with you yesterday :wink:

Thu May 02, 2013 6:01 pm

The father has been a busy man while I was away. Looks nice, now to decide on a lid or not ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 02, 2013 6:03 pm

JOHN1 wrote:Nice tidy little trailer anto, first one i have seen with a maple floor :lol: :lol: i hape you left an expansion gap along the side edges :wink:
also nice to meet up with you yesterday :wink:

Sure was great to meet you John. Thanks for the pointers :D Maple floor sure might even add a table :D :D :shock: