Duration:7.45 - 11.00

Tide: High at 8.00 or there abouts

Weather:Frosty to start with but then beautiful

Bait: Black lug , rag, mackerel

Rigs: Various

Results: 7 whiting
1 codling
1 wrasse

We decided on an early start this morning as the weather was looking extremely calm. By jesus was it cold me finger tips were numb and that was just loading the car. On the water for just after 7.30 and we decided to head a mile out to deeper water. The fish finder showed 70 ft (thought it would be deeper ) we had doubles of whiting to start with 4 in total for Anto and 3 for me. Things went very quite for awhile and the boat traffic was starting to pick up so we headed inland for some shallower water.Anto snr had lovely codling about 2lb but it jumped ship before he could get the camera out and i had 1 wrasse lovely scrap. It turned out to be a beautiful morning with no winds and the sun shining Grand day to test out the new reel Abu 7000 and rod Daiwa sea warrior.A couple of seals kept us company for awhile along with a load of swimmers and divers .Very busy in the bay !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Frosty morning

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:16 am

well done :wink:

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:58 pm

great result for a cool start

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:38 am

crackin stuff there. a fiiine looking day! that kayakin looks great fun - reckon that catchin fish wouldve just been a bonus 8) 8) 8) well done on getting out and gettin a few :D

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:05 am

Well done, after you start catching fish, the pain in the fingers begins to wear off, or at least seems worth it :)