1st outing

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Took new kayak out for the first time today of St. John's Point. Had a pleasant couple of hours, catching cuckoos, pout, poor cod and macs nothing big but enjoyable being so close to the sea. Arse a bit wet but even in force 4 was well impressed with how it handled. Managed to loose paddle(even with clip on it) but thankfully buddy picked it up in his, would have been a bit fooked otherwise :oops: Hugely versatile things and looking forward to doing plenty of exploring over coming years :)

Re: 1st outing

Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:07 pm

well done pete,nice fishing,good job you had a buddy :shock:

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:01 pm

Welcome to the darkside. :D What'd you get?

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Would you be up for a meet?

Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Tried paddling with the hands in a force 4 westerly :? ..not very effective :!: Islander Angler Gerry, in 'piss' yellow :lol: , heavy enough but handled nicely, can't say i've much experience on how others handle but thought it was grand, bit of spray whilst paddling into the waves but guess thats to be expected?

Sure Anthony why not, maybe heading further west tomorrow as forecast looking grand.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:45 pm

I will be in Portnoo this evening from about 4pm.

Tides are not ideal, but it seems like the only suitable day for the next week.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:55 am

Went out from Fintragh area on that day, bay calm and able to paddle at fair speed. Some decent wrasse and pouting close to shore. Macs and small pollock too. Seen a kestrel hovering up on the grass, nice mornings work :) How did you get on Anthony in Portnoo?

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Poor enough days fishing. Dragged a huge area with tinsel feathers, had 1 pollock and 1 mack. My arms were killing me, but perfect weather.