Mad River Synergy 12

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:06 pm

Hi, I am thinking of getting myself yak. I am a complete newcomer. I have been offered a Mad River Synergy 12 at a good price. I was just wondering does anyone have any first hand experience of this model. I have read one review which suggests it might only be suitable for inland and protected shore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Mad River Synergy 12

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:42 pm

nmckernan wrote:. I have read one review which suggests it might only be suitable for inland and protected shore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i think this rule would apply to any yak/canoe :wink:

Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:19 am

JOHN1 wrote:
nmckernan wrote:. I have read one review which suggests it might only be suitable for inland and protected shore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i think this rule would apply to any yak/canoe :wink:

That rule certainly applies to me and my kayak! :shock:

Welcome to the site nmckernan, sorry I don't know anything about your yak.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:37 am

nmckernan wrote:Hi, I am thinking of getting myself yak. I am a complete newcomer. I have been offered a Mad River Synergy 12 at a good price. I was just wondering does anyone have any first hand experience of this model. I have read one review which suggests it might only be suitable for inland and protected shore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is this it
http://www.wwc.co.uk/catalog_view.php?id=67

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:55 am

Thats the one. I think I know that its gonna be suitable for what I want. I just don't know anything about canoeing, and was hoping someone would pro's and cons for this model.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:13 pm

nmckernan wrote:Hi, I am thinking of getting myself yak. I am a complete newcomer. I have been offered a Mad River Synergy 12 at a good price. I was just wondering does anyone have any first hand experience of this model. I have read one review which suggests it might only be suitable for inland and protected shore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anything that is rated for light ocean is all you need. Believe me, unless you are suicidal you will not be taking it out on a windy day or heavy chop.

You can still take it out in a bit of a swell. But best to stay clear of anywhere there is a chance of white water or strong tidal currents. The whole teddy bear in the washing machine can be a bit of fun on the yak, although it's impossible to fish.