EFSA Winter Beach Festival

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:06 pm

Just to let people know the Winter Beach takes place from Thursday to Saturday this week at Kilmuckridge. If you are interested in fishing please pm me and I can forward on the organisers details.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Hi

Question please.
How can we fish this can up use your IFSA number and if not how do you get a EFSA number ????????????

thanks

Colin

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:50 pm

You must join EFSA to fish this. That will then entitle you to fish any EFSA comp then for 2007. You can join EFSA on the day of the first event
(Thursday 9.30am - 11.00am at Sean Ogs in Kilmuckridge)

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:06 pm

Best of luck down there Robert. Weather looks shocking!

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:29 pm

Looking at
http://www.efsa.co.uk/

the rules talk about a weigh in, rather than measure and return. What do people have to bring? I remember fishing a comp in Hook Head nearly 30 rears ago(!) and we were all given (empty) fertiliser bags!! (I guess the were "acquired " by someone who worked in the Albatross Factory in New Ross :wink: )
jd

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:07 pm

Theres no weigh in its measure and return.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:08 pm

its catch measure and return with a size limit of 20cm except for rockling which are 18cm

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:29 pm

what stretch of beach is being fished at this comp

Winter beach festival

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:12 pm

The latest i have heard Kilgorman , Morriscastle , Ballyvaldon, ballinamona, tinnaberna , courtown , this could all change with the weather conditions the best of luck to the lads.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 am

Any word on how its going lads

Colin

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:27 pm

Overall placings for the three days were:

1st - Joe Arch - Wales
2nd - Ian Golds - UK
3rd - Stephen Brennan - Ireland
4th - Ian Knight - Ireland
5th - Robbie Coventry - Ireland

Very enjoyable comp. Weather was very poor on Thursday and Friday. Interestingly we fished Roney yesterday for the last session and it was full of fish, plenty of bags of 20fish being taken by a lot of anglers. Nice to find a new venue for comps :)