Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Good post Pat. I think this should be a general rule for all angling comps. Just to say that in the first leg of the LL hosted by Raheny SAC, there was a line at the end of the rules which stated any anglers found litering will be disqualified immediatly Only way to go IMO

Kev

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:08 pm

yes and not just competitions but it should go with out saying that you take your rubbish home, it takes about 5 seconds to put any rubbish into a bag.i'm sick of having to pick up discarded line, feather packets etc when fishing....

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:08 pm

I usually have bin bags in my tackle box, they don't take up much space.
I'd suggest evrybody else does the same.
jd

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:19 pm

we use a cool box for all our bait so we just tend to put them in to a corner of this. it amazes me what blatent disregard people have when it concerns litter, lets be frank there isnt exactly a shortage of bins around (sorry for the rant, this is a pet hate of mine!!!!)

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:52 pm

Apart from anything else, discarded hooks, especially ones with the smell of bait, are likely to be eaten by wildlife and dogs. People caught littering should be forced to eat what they leave behind.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:31 pm

100% agree with you all, it's a disgrace the amount of litter some beaches have on them! and even good rock marks. I know it can't all be down to anglers but if we are the last people seen there, well it's not rocket science as to who will get the blame. :oops:

We have a conservation officer in our club, I'm going to try and introduce something whereby if he see's litter being left at a peg in any shape or form the angler is asked to lift it. If at the end of the comp it is still there or seen blowing down the beach then they will lose all the points for that comp. :shock:

We need to be seen to be firm on people who litter. Good point about the baited hooks being left.........We are going to get into trouble somewhere along the line for the stupidity of some people. Week in and week out it's always the same post about litter. Lets start naming and shaming hopefully that will sort it once and for all. :evil:

Steve

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:39 pm

i normally just use my cool bag or else cool box to bring it all home.....the problerm is that ive just red this thread again and realised that ive left rubbish and bait laying in the bag since 8 days ago out in the shed, so im off here to bin it all.....ill need about 2 tinns of fly spray to get my way into it probably!!!!! :lol:

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:02 pm

Phil,

Good job ya didnt leave it in Jonathons shed...he's make you eat it :twisted:

I always take a poly bag for my rubbish.....birds and other wildlife are one thing but the first thing kids do on the beach is take their shoes off....I would hate to think a little kid ever got hurt because of something I left behind......dont give anyone room to slag anglers off even though we're not all tarred with the same brush.

Tom.