Weekend away in the UK.....British Open March 3rd and 4th 07

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:46 am

What yous think of this lads?

British Open Beach Championship

The next British Open Beach Championship will be held on 3rd & 4th March 2007.

Organised by the East Riding Conference & Events Bureau, the former Bridlington Open Beach Championship only used to attract a few hundred anglers. The British Open Beach Championship however, with large cash prizes and prize table on offer, attracts over 1300 anglers from around the UK and Europe, many of which take advantage of the weekend break and bring families with them.

The competition is open to all anglers, young and old, and of all abilities. There is a top prize each day for the heaviest fish plus a prize for the aggregate of heaviest fish caught over both days. Competitors can choose their fishing spot along 40 miles of East Yorkshire coastline spanning from Sewerby Steps, Bridlington down to the Pilot Jetty at Spurn Point.

Fishing Times are 11.00am to 5.00pm and weigh-in closes at 6.30pm. All caught fish must be weighed in at match HQ - Makis, Southcliff Caravan Park, Bridlington.

For further details on this prestigious event, please call 01482 391668/9, email paul.roggeman@eastriding.gov.uk

Anyone fancy a bunch of us heading over there for the weekend? It should be a bit of craic if nothing else, £25000 estimated prize fund available :shock: Fishing is bound to be crap, (East coast of England FFS...) but that can be a great leveller sometimes. A 4lb 5oz cod was worth over €5000.... :shock:

I'd be up for it, from a social viewpoint as much as anything else. Get a few of us together and we can work out the logistics then re Tackle transport, Bait and accomodation etc.

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:50 am

I will give this serious thought ,Would love to give it a go keep me posted.Lazycod

Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:51 pm

can and will go....now how do i get there? :lol:
Last edited by fishinmidget on Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:37 pm

i think jonny gilbert may be going....? he was wondering about a rod for it anyhow....

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:21 pm

let me talk to mick I would love to go and have a good weekend

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:22 pm

Good man Col.... :wink:

Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:04 am

very tempting :)

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:06 am

Sprog time..... for me so I won't be able to make it. That's one beating for the kid already. :lol:

Kev

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:17 am

I wont know until closer to the time but it is tempting...i live in England but its 5 hours on the train :? plus i'd have to get my gear over here too! Hears hoping anyways :)

Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:35 pm

all paid up for it and new rod at the ready greys apollo m2 and already stockin up on gutted black lug

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:47 am

so are people going?

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:45 pm

Did anyone fish the Open, and how did they get on?

Does anyone know the results?

Cheers Mo