jimmy smith, maurice dalton - ifsa all ireland competition

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:34 pm

this event is being held on benone strand, co.londonderry on saturday 12th november.
fishing from 1pm to 6pm
check in at anglers rest bar from 10am
entrys, £15 senior, £10 junior including longest fish pools.

the event carries sea angler penn sea league points.

this event is PRE ENTRY ONLY
no entries will be accepted after wednesday 9th november
entries with payment should be sent to Ulster provincial secretary Paul Divito, address will be in your ifsa diary.

all fish over 20cm will count, excluding mackerel,sandeel,launce,seatrout,weever
species expected flounder,turbot, bass
no wading above knee high

this event can only be entered by an angler who is a member of an ifsa affiliated club

for anyone who is interested in coming up to fish it ulster bass sac are holding a competition on nearby portstewart strand the following day from 1-6pm if you fancy making a weekend of it.for this comp entries will be taken on the day,check in at beach.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:17 pm

hi, can you tell me whether the event on sunday also carries penn points? i am thinking of heading to the jimmy smith, but if the comp on sunday carries points it will be all the more worthwhile.
thanks

Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:12 am

Phil what are the expected species on portsteward strand?

Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:31 am

fished portstewart strand sunday and the main target is flounder and turbot, a chance also of coalies and bass there has also been sizeable mullet caught here

Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:45 pm

i dont think the sunday competition carries penn points, ill try to find out for you though.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:51 pm

no penn points at the sunday competition, check with the organising club secretary.
hopefully a good few fish will show at the competition on saturday and with about 1 1/2 hours of darkness maybe chance of one of those big bass????!!!!! :?

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:52 pm

just out of interest, are there many forum members coming up to fish the jimmy smith? maybe a good opportunity to put more faces to names?