galway bay sea angling club

Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:34 pm

i'm surprised no-one else in the galway area have mentioned that there is a revival of the galway bay sea angling club. there is a meeting coming up to register members (mostly new members, like me) the venue is in the quays bar upstairs at 8pm on the 22nd of november 04 i.e. next week... i have been informed that not only competitions will be held but outings as well and for the new people to sea fishing there will be a few coarses to get them up to speed on tying rigs and how to target species..

so if your in the galway area, pop in and say hello,, there will be a raffle on the night for members ( a reel i've been told, good one as well)

anyway just to let you all know......

steve[/b]

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:04 pm

good man steve, was just about to put it up. the meeting takes place in The Quays Bar, Quay Street, Galway at the above date and time. the aim is to get more people sea fishing in the galway area( not just mackerl bashing). the club is affiliated to the I.F.S.A. and have six competitions fixed for next year. along with monthly boat trips, we are planing club outings with the aim to educate newcomers on some different tactics and hopefully catch more fish. everyone that turns up at the meeting and joins the club will recieve one of mustards new bait buckets free.... so if you live in the galway area and are interested please drop in.......

Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:15 pm

The Quays...............

I remember The Quays. One of the best pints going.

Mmmmmmmm, pints.....

Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:35 pm

will see ye there lads.only problem of going to the Quays at 8pm is that it could be a very long night!

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:12 pm

any of ye attend the meeting? I was there but had to go straight away at the end so didnt stay around to meet r talk to anyone afterwards.it sounded ok.should be good when its up and running.

drinking till the end

Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:42 pm

yup i was there till the very end,, they had to kick me out of the door sometime around 1am ish many drinks inbetween..

hopefully the bait boxes will be in corrib tackle soon, will let every one know when i know ( in now ray(the secetary) fairly well, and find out about these things before most)...

only thing about meeting was that there was a perfect tide and conditions for flattie fishing on silverstrand, had to go out last night and pick up a few flatties after low tide, even got a three bearded rocklingk in the middle of the beach????...
out again tonight when i finish work......

Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:33 pm

i have yet to fish silverstrand am hoping if tides and weather are right to go out next wk.cant go fishing this wk as am working nights.any tips r even better do u want to fish it with me

Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:03 pm

just a quick note to thank everyone how turned up at the a.g.m. hope to get a club outing before xmas or early in the new year.

silverstrand

Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:01 pm

i'll fish with anyone who has transport....

galway bay sea angling club

Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:15 pm

jakes do i know you??? or have i met you??

ps there's plans for a meet in little killery comming up soon will keep posted when know more details.

plus there is also a web site been put up (by me), i'm keeping it fairly basic for the moment

www.geocities.com/galway_bay_sea_angling_club/

Its hosted for free so there's no costs to worry about
also e-mail address

galway_bay_sea_angling_club@yahoo.ie

as i said its just being built at the moment so there's not much to it

there is a tide chart for the month
and a couple of pics (me with two favourite catches)

Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:45 pm

Errrr, hang on a mo whilst I switch on Pedantic Mode:

Isn't the one on the right a Sea-trout, whilst the one on the left is a Bass?

OK, Pedantic Mode off!

That's a couple of cracking good fishes. They must've given some wellie when you caught them! :D

Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:27 pm

yeah kinda noticed that my self....

have done minor!!!! update to site...
a small bit of tweeking required..

also tide chart now to mid march next year cool or what... only valid for galway bay though..

and if any one else notices any thing wrong... TOUGH..

naa let me know so i can fix it..

we're ready to rock.. and fish...!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:53 am

Yes you meet me steve, i'm the club chairman.

ahhh

Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:44 pm

ahh ok, that makes sence so.. it was the name that threw me a bit...
suppose i'll see you at the outing..
(Ray tell you about all the whiting we were catching, Ian caught a small cuckoo ray, jammy sod)

Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:30 pm

Where did the cuckoo ray come from???

Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:37 pm

cuckoo ray was caught at little killary (by scubadive west) 5 miles west of leenaune on the beach a few hours after dark after low tide with a force 7 wind across the beach... did i mention all the whiting...
( we were sand blasted, still have sand in my hair, it just wont wash out)

Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:02 am

anyone up for fishing Silverstrand on wed,thur 12th and 13th jan.i know its a while away but it will be then before i have time to go fishing.anyone interested let me know

Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:47 pm

anyone know how the competition went yesterday.couldnt make it as work got in the way.

cheers
nige

Roundstone Beach

Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:05 am

A quick report followingt a chat with Peter

104 fish between 15 competitors, with a 9 lb thornback from around 25 (all female) rays the best fish. 5 bull hus to 5 lbs and the rest were dogfish. Lots of Double reported. Competition was fished in Roundstone with a NNW blowing over the shoulder into fairly fierce conditions. Sandeel did the trick.

I am sure JAKES or Steve will post up the full results....

full reports

Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:18 pm

full reports are available on the website at

http://www.geocities.com/galway_bay_sea ... /shore.htm

these will be updated ar regularly as i possibally can