Fri May 04, 2007 9:36 am

paulocallaghan wrote:iv had the matter cleared up, and yes the IFSA does have a constitution and it is under review but this new and improved version should be out shortly. . my source that lead me astray has given me bad information
in this bold statement from paul he is making reference to me

for the last ten or so years the constitution has not been updated and rumours that minutes from the AGMs were missing spread, as the constitution wasn't updated annually or when voted on accordingly, it therefore became nul and void . out of shere embarressment when recently asked at last years AGM to produce the said document, the response is it is under reveiw,

i may be wrong but to reveiw and change the constiution it would have to be passed from club level right through to central council as per standing orders.

in actual fact they are only trying to UPDATE

constitution

Fri May 04, 2007 9:44 am

paulocallaghan wrote:iv had the matter cleared up, and yes the IFSA does have a constitution and it is under review but this new and improved version should be out shortly. . my source that lead me astray has given me bad information
in this bold statement from paul he is making reference to me

for the last ten or so years the constitution has not been updated and rumours that minutes from the AGMs were missing spread, as the constitution wasn't updated annually or when voted on accordingly, it therefore became null and void . out of shere embarrassment when recently asked at last years AGM to produce the said document, the response is it is under review,

i may be wrong but to review and change the Constitution it would have to be passed from club level right through to central council as per standing orders.

in actual fact they are only trying to UPDATE the supposed existing Constitution , so that the necessary changes as voted on from the anglers themselves who attend the AGMs over the last number of years.

so to refer to my original comment if you want to turn heads ask for an up to date copy of the constitution

signed

Mick Barry

Sun May 06, 2007 4:47 pm

on the issue of diaries, do we really need them at all?
sure a small booklet with tide tables, contact details , comp dates is all we need.... this might free up some money to help send teams...?

i know exactly where you are all coming from with your questions, but in all fairness, these are things that i beleive should be discussed at an agm, it is the place where all the central council etc are , and they should have all books etc there for any member to inspect if they so wish.

if , as a federation , that we cannot afford to cover the costs of sending a team to the world championships, why are we doing it at all??

why not give it a miss for a few years till we get our financial house back in order?

WORLD BOAT CONDT

Mon May 07, 2007 8:56 pm

BigPhil wrote:on the issue of diaries, do we really need them at all?

why not give it a miss for a few years till we get our financial house back in order?

yes i have been getting one for a number of years (late) but it is a reasonable reference, and handy to keep your fishing notes in it.an i still want one

you state that this should be discussed at an agm were on example i think the head count was no more than 35 last year in monaghan (what a location central to everyone not!)

the issue of the constitution was brought up, as it has been dating back to 1991, as i have seen from my club secretary's notes, there is still an ongoing problem,

but as usual people asking questions are being fobbed off ( i make reference to your quote)
BigPhil wrote:why not give it a miss for a few years till we get our financial house back in order?
why there is plenty of subscriptions and not a great deal of outgoings, i myself subscribed 3 times this year as i fish with 3 clubs and i know im not the only one doing this. the master angler is paid for by the clubs and this is also funds the entrance fee for the international teams. and dont make reference to the treasurers report Ive seen it.

I'm sorry but i am personally going to be a pain in the side of the federation and wont go away until i am completely satisfied that it is being run with the interest of its anglers coming first, which i would have to state it is not

please compare our national teams and international teams to other nations, you will find that they are well backed financially (which is very possible here) well managed ( over here, HA)
proper practice session with critique and tactics to improve angling capabilities ( our managers dont even get on the boats )

there are individuals that display these qualities with our junior counter part which i am completely satisfied with and hats off and i offer my services in that respect.

ONE LAST POINT HOW MANY OF THE CENTRAL COUNCIL WOULD BE FULL TIME ANGLERS?