World boat competition

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:56 pm

Can anybody tell me if what i've been told is true does the top 5 in the master competition go on t represent ireland in the world competition

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:45 am

yes its true ,first five in the master angler go on to represent ireland at the world championships,but from what i am also told you may be asked to pay at least part of the cost yourself!!!!depending where it is being held it could come to a tidy sum aswell???

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:55 am

considering alot of us pay a considerable contribution to IFSA and some of us pay it several times, i think its a joke that the teams have to pay every penny themselves. for example the shore team this year are going to brazil, this is going to cost a fortune, by winning the irish masters you get the privelage of paying out about 5 grand and no support.
its a joke :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

expences

Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:01 am

I fished in portugal 2006 as a team member

by the time i was set up tackle wise, payed for flights ect......
it ran over 4 grand, the federation just pays your entrance fee to the comp ( monies raised from master angler)and maybe a small grant to your costs not much now.

i think its rediculous that as compeditors for your nation you have to fund themself, we all spend a lot of money on tackle, there is approx 50,000 anglers in ireland now consider how much the total revenue on tackle Bought, €20 per head per week is a million euro, how much do you spend a season already ive spent over €1500 on new tackle for this season.

the federation should get sponsorship or funding off the sports council, lotto ect........

to get their fingers out basically and stop having their free weekend at our expences.

this year they should have o lot more money if you consider the auwful excuse for a diary we got, its a disgrace

Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:43 pm

Tell you what Mickey, I fully agree with your comments on the IFSA diary, very poor indeed.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:12 pm

This has been sorted out and it will go back to the old format for next year.

the diary

Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:24 pm

donal domeney wrote:This has been sorted out and it will go back to the old format for next year.

sorry donal are you talking about the diary

Re: the diary

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:24 pm

mickeyfish wrote:
donal domeney wrote:This has been sorted out and it will go back to the old format for next year.

sorry donal are you talking about the diary

Yes. It's the diary thats reverting back to the old format

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:56 pm

as a ma on the "inside" so to speak donal, do you know how much money does the IFSA make every year? Myself and Mickeyfish were discussing this recently and when you consider the amount of anglers and the amount of clubs it must make a fair few bob, take for instance the insurance racket that is being run, im insured 3 times this year, and for what?

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:59 pm

Contact your club secretary if he attended the agm in Monaghan last year he would have got a treasurer's report.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:30 pm

donal domeney wrote:Contact your club secretary if he attended the agm in Monaghan last year he would have got a treasurer's report.

ok thanks Donal, i can see that your obviously trying to keep to only expresing personal opinions and would rather that people with official IFSA business go through the correct channels, i apologise if i put you in a tight spot.

Tue May 01, 2007 9:14 am

SAI as a club must be affiliated to IFSA is it not, if that's so, then surely IFSA will allow a treasurers report to be posted on this site for all fully paid up SAI club members to see.

Tom.

Tue May 01, 2007 9:17 am

good point tom

Tue May 01, 2007 2:09 pm

Rockhopper wrote:SAI as a club must be affiliated to IFSA is it not, if that's so, then surely IFSA will allow a treasurers report to be posted on this site for all fully paid up SAI club members to see.

Tom.

Sadly SAI did not have a delegate at the a.g.m. in Monaghan then alot of other clubs were not there.

I'll say one thing to all i.f.s.a. members, no matter what club or provence your in, make sure your club has a delegate at provencial and national a.g.m's important decisions are made at these meetings that will effect you.

Standing back at the fence and taking pot shots at the federation is not on when clubs have not the decency to turn up for a.g.m's.

Again take these points to your club secretary make them bring them up at provencial level. As long as I've been a member of the i.f.s.a. I never had a problem getting answers by going the right way about it.

Tue May 01, 2007 3:09 pm

"Standing back at the fence and taking pot shots at the federation is not on when clubs have not the decency to turn up for a.g.m's. "

Donal,

I hope you don't think my suggestion was taking a shot from the fence.

I don't see any harm if the rank and file members want to see a report (that is open to any club) posted for all to see on a forum such as this one.....I maybe wrong though, there maybe good reason not to.

Tom.

turn heads

Wed May 02, 2007 1:22 pm

if you want to turn heads ask for an up to date copy of the constitution, as we are all governed by these rules it would be nice to see it in writing, otherwise the rules we fish under are just hearsay

i automatically qualified for the master angler this year as post irish, through hearsay and the secretary of my province i was led to beleive that there would be no fee attached, i personnally had to pay €200

i was my club master angler and stood down as i was post irish to give the oppurtunity to another club member.

my loss

regards

mick barry

Thu May 03, 2007 12:46 am

Can somebody advise me who to ask for the constitution as my club secretary tells us that no current one exists? Is this correct?

Thu May 03, 2007 12:57 pm

the problem as far as i am aware (although this is only hear say) is that there is no constitution set up yet, and this is apparently the "rule book" that all IFSA comps are bound by, so when IFSA say something is against the rules it cant be cos there are no rules. FARSE

Thu May 03, 2007 4:57 pm

This is very interesting,in other words if there is no constitution now in place and as a result no ''rulebook'' can exist then to go back to mcclay's origional query is there a possibility that if somebody had failed to qualify for this year's master angler then that person could challenge it in court or alternative legal means to gain access to the competition if that person felt strongly enough about it? Now there is a farcical situation looming!

Thanks for that Paul.

Thu May 03, 2007 5:18 pm

iv had the matter cleared up, and yes the IFSA does have a constitution and it is under review but this new and improved version should be out shortly. I am not a club secretary nor am i on any steering committee so i dont no the specifics of it. my source that lead me astray has given me bad information in the past and i will be weighing future advice from him a little more carefully, it appears some people just like to hear their own voices