Open Shore - South Shore, Wicklow - 26 Sept 04

Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:30 pm

south shore sea angling club are running a open competition on the 26th of sept. this is our 31st year running a major competition,it will be held on the wicklow beaches, kilcoole , newcastle , fivemile pt. these are reckoned to be the fairest venue's for match angling in ireland if not europe. the check in is in byrne's pub in kilcoole 10.30 to 12.30 fishing time is 2.00 to 7.00. there is a 500euro first prize + a seiko watch + a rod bag , tackle rucksack , large and small trace wallets. there are 3 zone's with many prize's in each zone. this year we will be running a juvenile and a junior section , juvenile is up to 12 years , and junior from 12 years to 18 years. seiko is our main sponsor who have being with us for 26 years. our other sponsors include south side angling , viking tackle bray , f.v. mulligan ltd. haulage and storage contractors , nicky's plaice howth for all your fish , irish ferries , arro tackle swords hardware main street swords also supplies live and frozen bait , carroll & kinsella after sale's car serviceing , tom burness elite tackle luggage. This year's competition we hope is going to be the best yet so everybody come along and join in. ps. there is going to be a monster raffel with lots of prizes.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:20 pm

is it possible for me to affiliate myself for the day to fish in this one, myself and our party(22) gave up on club comps years ago because of all the bickering that goes on but weve heard good things about this comp and wondered could we fish and affiliate ourselves for the day.

affiliation

Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:24 pm

Hi

I doubt it lampoon. I have been emailing the IFSA about affiliation for an internet based club since last June or possibly before and for various reasons, it has yet to make it onto the agenda. However I am reliably informed by Paul Divito from the Ulster branch that it will get assessed shortly and we might be able to form an Individuals SAC off the website.

FWIW...

Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:26 pm

Thanks kieran maybe if we all get on to them they might shift it.