clubs

Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:24 pm

im interested in joining a club in Dublin can anybody help me?

Fishing Clubs

Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:45 pm

Lampoon

There are a huge amount of clubs in the Dublin area, e.g. Howth S.A.C., Raheny S.A.C. on the North Side, on the South side you have:- South Shore S.A.C., 3 Clubs in Bray plus many more both North & South side. The I.F.S.A. diary lists all the clubs and their contact details, if you pass on your email address and which side of the city you would rather to me I will return info on all the clubs in your area.
Damien
dwarren@dublintelesport.com

clubs

Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:33 pm

Thanks for the reply im in donaghmede on the northside very interested in getting into an active club, email peppergraham_327@hotmail.com

Club on northside

Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:41 pm

Hi Lampoon,
Let me know how you go with joining a club. I'm from Donaghmede also and was thinking about joining the Raheny SAC.. I don't have as much time as I would like to spend fishing and am relatively new to shore angling so I'm not sure if it would be worth my while..

cheers
Jon

Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:48 pm

http://www.ifsa.ie has all the club secretaries contact details. For shore fishing at least you'll get a bit of gossip of where to fish and find out which part of a mark fishes best with what baits. The best way to learn is to fish along experienced anglers which competitions give you the chance to do. As long as your not crossing everyone's lines or casting dangerously I wouldn't be worried about being a beginner and they'll be happy to see an extra few quid in the winners pot.

Donagh

Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:51 pm

Hows it gone john! im fairly experienced my self im fishing for the last 15 years since i was 7. im in the same boat dnt get out as much as id like to. if you wont get back to me here and we'll arange something and we can go out and do a bit. dont worry about the experience. what sort of places have you fished so far john!

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:48 am

Sounds great Lampoon, thanks for the offer I'd really appreciate a few outings with an experienced angler like yourself , my experience is limited.

Like most I started with mackrel bashing in howth for years, then last year I decided that it was about time I grew up and moved on to more challenging sport. I bought my first multiplier setup and spent alot of last summer just getting the hang of it throwing leads out dollymount beach.

This year I got out a bit more with a weekend around the south east, Dunmore east/helvic head/hook head and that. I've also fished red rock and portmarnock a few times. to be honest I haven't caught much more than a couple of pollack and doggies in all and with all the tackle/gear I have you'd think I fished for a living :D .

Anyway I can mail you my work email and mobile if you want and we can maybe arrange an evening session for later this week or next week, whatever suits us.

Tanks again, talk to you soon.

Cheers
Jon

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:30 pm

john that sounds good my email is peppergraham_327@hotmail.com send us yours and we'll sort something out buddy.

Re: clubs

Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:24 pm

THERES LOTS OF CLUBS YOU COULD JOIN :RAHENY TELE SPORT