Winter in Dublin Bay

Boat Angling - everything welcome. The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals, and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: JimC

Winter in Dublin Bay

Postby hush1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Do many people venture out boat fishing during the winter in Dublin Bay....any success?
hush1
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 19 times

Re: Winter in Dublin Bay

Postby JOHN1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:55 pm

I fish all year round in Dublin bay,Including fishing into the night esp during winter months. Fishing around Dublin isn't the most productive place to fish at the best of times but.there is always a few fish to be had providing your not looking large fish all of the time. I'm happy enough getting out if I catch a few fish it a bonus. You will certainly catch a few whiting and dabs with a few herring thrown in. You will also get the odd codling coalies and dogs.I used to post reports on here but have up a good while ago I'm sure If you do a search you might find some. Im Still doing a lot of fishing and getting results out of Dublin just not reporting anymore. Latest notable recent catch was a 14lb ling I will dig a picture out and post it up . Tight lines.
Species Target (1) Anything will be a Bonus.

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.

For this message the author JOHN1 has received thanks: 2
hush1 (Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:17 pm), keem (Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:35 pm)
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 598 times

Return to Boat Angling Q&A / Forum