Celtic Queen

Boat Angling - everything welcome. The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals, and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: JimC

Celtic Queen

Postby Tarmacduck » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Going fishing with John Ryan tomorrow morning I have no idea what to expect. I have seen him come back with a lot of mackeral and he said to fetch some feathers, that figures I guess :? . Do you think we will doing any bottom fishing ? I have fished Morecambe bay and the fylde coast for many years it is mostly up tiding for the bigger stuff and drop down tide for flatties etc. Any tips would be great.
Tarmacduck
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 3 times

Re: Celtic Queen

Postby Rob Millard » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:24 pm

John Ryan out of Clifden? I'm guessing you'll be drift fishing over some lovely reefs. Expect good pollack, some coalies, try fishing close to the bottom with baited feathers for Cod & Ling. There's some really nice ground around there, and magnificent sea scapes & scenery. Hope you have a good day, please report back!
Species 2019: Common Skate, Pollack, Whiting, Coalfish, Cod, Cuckoo Wrasse, Bull Huss, Lsd, Porbeagle Shark, Mackerel, Grey Gurnard, Thornback Ray, Plaice, Turbot, Ballan Wrasse, Dab, Smoothound, herring, haddock, Blonde Ray, Tope, bass

Species 2018 : Porbeagle Shark, Spurdog, Lsd, Coalfish, Pollack, Ling, Mackerel, Haddock, Red Gurnard, Turbot, Dab, Thornback ray, Homelyn Ray, John Dory, Pouting, Ballan Wrasse, Smoothound, Tope, Bass, Bull Huss, Weaver, Painted Ray, Bluefin Tuna

Species 2017 : Cod, Coalfish, Whiting, Poor Cod, Pollack, Bull Huss, Ling, Pouting, Bass, Flounder, Painted Ray, Lsd, Tope, Ballan Wrasse, Mackerel, Herring, Launce, Haddock, Thornback Ray, Conger, Plaice, Turbot, Grey Gurnard, Red Gurnard, Cuckoo Ray, Tub Gurnard, Dab, Smoothound, black goby, Scad, Cuckoo Wrasse, Megrim

Species 2016 : (32)

Species 2015 : (30)

Species 2014 : (29)

Species 2013 : (34)

For this message the author Rob Millard has received thanks:
Tarmacduck (Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:31 am)
Rob Millard
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 223 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby gfkelly1969 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:44 am

i have never been out with him but i know that he had some big skate last year and some good cod as well
he usually stops off the white lady on the way back in for a few rays
try a few tiny baited hooks and you never know what you might get,loads of species in the area
lifetime species fishing and rock pool
1 dogfish,2 whiting,3 flounder,4 two spot goby,5 mackerel,6 pollack,7 common blenny,8 European eel,9 butterfish,10 Deep-snouted pipefish,11 rock goby,12 poor cod,13 corkwing wrasse,14 coalfish,15 turbot,16 tompot blenny,17 dab,18 dragonet,19 shorerockling,20 thornback ray,21 three bearded rockling,22 sandeel,23 grey gurnard,24 sea scorpion,25 scad,26 plaice,27 ballen wrasse,28 bullhuss,29 conger eel,30 blue shark,31 blonde ray,32 cod,33 pouting,34 topknot,35 Fifteen-spine Stickleback,36 mullet,37 Sand Goby,38 Montagu's Blenny,39 Three-spined Stickleback,40 goldshinny wrasse,41 painted goby,42 five bearded rockling,43 Sand-Smelt,44 Small-headed Clingfish ,45 sole

http://clifdenfishing.webs.com

http://clifdensearay.webs.com/

For this message the author gfkelly1969 has received thanks:
Tarmacduck (Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:31 am)
gfkelly1969
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 223 times

Postby Tarmacduck » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Just to let you kind folks know my three boys and I went out this morning as promised. To be honest the day started a little wet :cry: and the sea was a bit lumpy :mrgreen: but John said this was quite normal and about as good as it gets. After a while the rain stopped and the sun shone down making a beautiful day I think the water got a bit flatter aswell :D .The fishing was great we caught mackeral five and six at a time, some nice ones aswell. John suggested we try a few jelly worms and try for some pollock he proceeded to set us up accordingly. We caught some crackers and a great time was had by us all. With regard to my previous post I need not of worried because John just loved to help and give advice all day and nothing was to much trouble. Unfortunately it is back home to Lancashire on Saturday but we have had a great time in your truly beautiful county. Cheers guys regards Barry.

For this message the author Tarmacduck has received thanks: 2
corbyeire (Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:46 am), gfkelly1969 (Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:30 am)
Tarmacduck
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 3 times

Return to Boat Angling Q&A / Forum