Greystones

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi all, my boat is going to be in Greystones for the next couple of weeks. I can't say I've ever fished from there before, so looking for a few general pointers, and perhaps some up to date fishing info. Weather permitting, I've a practical range of approx. 12 miles from Greystones harbour.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

Re: Greystones

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:08 pm

when you come out of the harbour head north as far as dublin bay , you will get great fishig and a huge variety there :wink:

Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:57 am

Dublin Bay's a big place John. I need numbers. :)

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:53 am

I'm going to get myself a powerful pair of binoculars and start following you about John.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:45 pm

You won't need binoculars you will be able to talk to me from the shore When I'm out fishing in my new boat. Dublin is all trial and error I don't use any electronics when fishing there lots of visual marks ;-)

Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:49 pm

What new boat you get john?

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:53 pm

I was joking John. My boat is going to be back down on more familiar waters in just over a week. Looking forward to it.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Rob Millard wrote:I was joking John. My boat is going to be back down on more familiar waters in just over a week. Looking forward to it.
i hear there is a change of plan down in courtown, waiting until september, i taught it was a crazy idea to do anything during summer, i would claim to know greystones very well myself rob but i have fished there a fair bit, and im my own opinion its a hard nut to crack.
ste c wrote:What new boat you get john?
i got a little toy to play with ste, its a vintage 2 man canadian canoe :wink:

Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 pm

kish isnt bad for a decent conger or ling but better heading out from dun l is a shorter spin. Need to find the mackerel first tho was out Monday for most the day any only got one between two of us. Plenty of small whiteing and the likes but there no good.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:02 pm

Tide out at kish can be savege tho but sure so can greystones when its running hard south.