Kilmore Quay

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi

I'm hoping to head out from Kilmore Quay in the next ten days or so.

Wondering if the harbour is tidal? And is there parking nearby for the Jeep and trailer?

Any tips on the fishing would be greatly appreciated. From what I've read we should head out around the Saltee Islands.

Was going to fish: redgills and shads, rag and mackeral baits

Would anyone know the co ordinates of any of the wrecks in the area?

thanks

Eoin

Re: Kilmore Quay

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:11 pm

slipway in kilmore is not tidal ,probably one of the best in the country, there is a 15euro launch and retrieve fee, we were out Friday Saturday and Sunday, cod were up to 10bls and three at a time, we had about 25 species and non stop action for the three days, mackerel were non existent with only about 15 overall, there is a jeep and trailer park opposite fish plant, and a fantastic chipper by the slipway ,don't block slipway as its a working slipway, also would want to know what your out in ,kilmore can be dangerous if you don't know it, beware of Patrick's bridge which dry's out, and keep and eye out for all the normal rocks, brandies etc, hope this helps, Eddie......

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks Eddie

That's a great help who do I pay the 15 to?

Any advice on were to fish: do I just head straight for the islands?

thanks

Eoin

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:10 pm

launch away,if harbour master see,s you he will come to you,islands not all they are cracked up to be stay with reefs and the well know rocks,there are very heavy currents around the islands so beware,stay away in any bad weather,if going east stay between the cans,or depending on weather west can produce and around the outside of the islands,if you have a chart on gps all will be marked,eddie....