Dingle Bay Sea Angling Competition 27th June

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:01 pm

The first sea angling competition in many years to be run out of Dingle is to be started up again this June the 27th. Its part of the Feile na Mara festival. A one day event as far as i'm aware. Anybody interested in heading down should contact Mick Dooley at michdooley69@gmail.com and he'd be only too happy to fill you in on the details.

Re: Dingle Bay Sea Angling Competition 27th June

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Good to see another Sea Angling Festival coming back on line, it would be nice to see a revival alongside some of the new martitime/seafood festivals starting to spring up around the country.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:07 pm

More details here:
http://dinglebayfishing.com/competition/

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:52 pm

I must have missed something over the past year or two away from the boats, 175 quid not a bit steep for something like that? What are charter boats charging these days, that's 700 quid a boat?!

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:11 pm

Not sure Petey. Still, would be an interesting comp with the points per different species approach. Would make you have to think about chasing other species after you'd bagged your 10 pollock or wrasse.

Same as that Ciaran, its nice to see some of them reviving again. I think it used to be one of the really big sea angling festivals of yore down here so all going well they'll get a good turnout.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Agree with Ciaran, great to see another festival coming back, but why make the score card so complicated?