Dell Quay Dory

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:16 pm

What sort of situations is this boat suited for.?

Dell Quay Dory

Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Impossible to answer..... Without being smart :)

What model? What engine? Where are you fishing?

Re: Dell Quay Dory

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:44 pm

Ah common now Jim, i thought you were Mystic Meg :shock: :D

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:08 pm

The question was asked from a complete novice who is interested in expandining his angling portfolio, smart comments are likely to send people away from our sport.
I asked the question as a complete novice to boat angling and was hoping for constructive comments.
If you can't be constructive then I would rather you did not bother.
P.S I appreciate your comment Jim C

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi Roach, you will get all the support and advice that you need on this forum to help you get more from your fishing. Please don't interpret the above comments as smart ass as I don't think they were intended as such. If you can give us a little more detail, I'm sure you'll get some of the answers that you're looking for.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:01 am

Roach, you will look back on your comment later on in your boating life and have a laugh. The guys on here are very helpful but because they are used to each other they take the piss. Don't worry nothing malicious in it, you just need to grow a thick skin and give as good as you get. :D So expand on your question with some more detail and you will see.

Yappo

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:50 am

Spot on yappo,
Roach, There are many styles ,models,sizes of Dell Quay Dory, if as you mentioned ,you are a novice ,I assume you are looking at a 16-20 foot boat?
Dell Quay have a good reputation. They are strongly built boats if a little heavy.
If you are new to boating I would strongly suggest doing a power boat handling course before considering buying a boat. You will then know what type of craft will suit your needs.
More info is required to answer your question properly,and JimC is the man for that.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:03 pm

Actually.... Many of your questions might be answered here: http://www.topfisher.eu/first-run-fishing-new-boat/