Irelands eye

Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Has anybody ever fished off irelands eye,there are boats that offer daytrips..... would love to give it a bash,any advice would be welcome. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Irelands eye

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:47 am

I had a couple of day trips over last year, one around May time and the other September, what sort of fishing are you planning on doing?, lure or bait?

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:32 pm

i was going to do a bit of both,i'm hearing it might not be the best place to fish though.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:21 pm

Theres limited marks to fish there with lures, you have to fish close to where the boat docks if you want to be close to the water. It's quite deep even at low water, there are plenty of Pollock and Wrasse and I had some on SP's, sluggo and xlayer, they were bigger in September, up to 3lb. I tried hard body lures and kilty but there are so many birds about and casting is a problem, and if you go walking they will dive bomb you. I would say float fishing would be good with rag or bait fishing from the beach into the channel towards Howth could be good for flats.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:01 am

I went out on a charter with 5 mates last year in may and got a decent bull huss. That was the only thing we caught worth mentioning and got nothing in around the rocks on that day.