Coppercoat vs antifowl

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:07 am

Last year I moored my boat with no antifowl. Took me a week to clean it. Having done a bit of research I am considering using coppercoat. I got a quote from them for £260 for the 3 litres required. The surface area is around 10 m2. Looking at the Internet there are some excellent reports. However I have also came across a few that indicate problems. Is it worth going down this route or should I stick to traditional antifowl. I was also considering international micron extra 2 as this seems to last a couple of years and can be taken out in the winter.

Re: Coppercoat vs antifowl

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:26 am

dgallagher179 wrote:Last year I moored my boat with no antifowl. Took me a week to clean it. .

Not too sure about the antifouling stuff as I'm on a launch and retrieve set up but I have been through the same cleaning problem on mate boat.
The best way to clean it is power hose it as soon as it comes out of the water and the weed will fall off.

Re: Coppercoat vs antifowl

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:06 am

Have not used a copper coat before,have used hemple classic antifoul in the past on a boat that was in malihide estury definatly did the job as where there was no anti foul after even a week on the mooring there were huge chunks of weed on the sides of the boat,lasted the whole season and was still in good condition aswell