Wicklow Harbour launch

Wed May 25, 2005 2:27 pm

My brother & I recently bought a boat and will have in Wciklow frm the beginning of June. Was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on decent marks around the area & what species to target & how.

Wicklow

Fri May 27, 2005 2:21 pm

No takers? I've done a search of the forums & got nothing. Any advice would be nice.

Thanks.

Fri May 27, 2005 10:21 pm

sry m8

ive been busy with hangovers etc afetr the liverpool game.ill post a pic of a chart with some marks for ya.

Fri May 27, 2005 10:50 pm

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/terrymeegan/greystoneschart.png[/img]

its more north wicklow i know but is all of that area that i fish, after that next stop is cahore for me.hope it helps you a bit anyway.
need anymore info just shout :)

ps if you right click on picture and save it , it will then be shown much bigger on your pc.

Tue May 31, 2005 11:16 am

thanks Terry, i'll let you know how we get on. maybe can you help me out on something else. we have 2 boat rods & are bringing 2 mates with us. is there any problem fishing with 6/7 ft spinning rods off a boat or should they remove the top half if fishing the bottom with these?

Tue May 31, 2005 1:06 pm

Hi keozer,
The tides can be very strong around wicklow m8 so bottom fishing for ray and tope with spinning rods wouldnt be easy.
we use spinning rods to pick up mackerel etc while the boat rods are down.using the bottom section only would be better if you wanna use them for bait fishing.
There was tope and ray taken at the mulditch along with plenty of mackerel and some herring on sunday, i went out to the codling and got nothing!!