transducer glue

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:34 pm

hi all,iwant to fit a transducer to the transom of my boat,this will require drilling holes,what glue can anyone suggest to use to secure the transducer and keep it water tight,also any hints and suggestions greatly appreaicated as usual,as this i heard is a tricky job,all the best dezzer.............

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:06 pm

try here

http://www.lowrance.com/tutorials/transducerguide.asp

Andy

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:39 pm

hi boogaloo,thanks for the link,it looks fairly easy,but i doubt it,thanks,dezzer..............

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:44 pm

Going to be doing the same thing myself in a few weeks time , let me know how you get on

Andy

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:09 pm

yes,i will let you know,but i think i will try to get a little help with it,just in case,dezzer..............

Transducer glue

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:19 pm

Dezzer,
Go from some high quality polyurethane sealer/adhesive such as ARBO or SIKA. Best go for white if your hull is white. Drill your holes smaller than your screws and coat the screw with sealer going in. You will only need a small amount of sealer. Make sure to mark the holes first allowing for the adjustment on the bracket after. You won't need sealer/adhesive on the bracket itself (not garmin or lowrance anyway).

I'm sure you'll have no hassle.

Jim.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:09 am

jim,thanks for the tip,i hope its no hassel,dezzzer.................