big savings on marine service

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:24 pm

lads twinkle here. in this land of rip off the minute you mention marine i have discovered a marine company that are not only cheap but are very helpful. with advise for free i was quouted 280euros for a service in finglas they done it for 100euros that is some differance there called d.d.m.marine in coolock 087 7652678 ask for derek well worth a look twinkle

Re: big savings on marine service

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:57 am

after all the hassel with my yamaha40 hp these guys are the bussiness took the engine found 1 of the butterflys in the carb was broken replaced it gave the engine agood over haul checked the gearbox started like a dream i was sure that i was looking at about 300euros when i asked how much he said 50euro said he had an old carb he took the part from i asked how much for a new prop he said 170 thats a full 100euros cheaper than the crowd in finglas just on the prop
and 240 cheaper on the service engine was ready the next day am i happy

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:14 pm

that's what I call a good deal, 8) hard to find guys like this nowadays, :x especially car mechanics, :oops: oh well, story of my life I suppose :roll:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Told the guys at ddm marine about the site. They were chuffed, they said anyone who goes to them and mentions sea angling ireland will get 10% off their bill there. Nice lads.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:37 pm

well done twinkle, good man :!:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:12 pm

I've made this a sticky for a while, I reckon it deserves a run at the top till there's some more feedback from other users. I've edited the important bit to colour red also, to stand out.

Nice to see some good old-fashioned client care still surviving in this country.

Wed May 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi Guys ! I took your advice and brought my shetland to the guys in coolock for pre season service check and trailer wheel bearings and it was well worth my while their attention to detail is brilliant and very reasonable rates too , yard is handy to turn in too . Thanks again ! :D

Fri May 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Just forgot to say that when i mentioned this site i got 10 % DISCOUNT on what was already a very fair price . thanks guys !

Sat May 09, 2009 12:43 pm

i told you these guys know there stuff and are really down to earth with there prices when i asked how there so cheap
they told me they are not trying to sell me anything they are mechanics not marine salesmen they charge for the parts and there labour and not in to rip off 2 really sound guys

Thu May 28, 2009 10:27 pm

Do they do electrics or can you buy the likes of fishfinders etc from them?

Fri May 29, 2009 10:45 am

they dont sell fishfinders but a quick phone call they will tell you if they can fix one 087 7652678 ask for derek dont forget to tell them sea angling ireland sent you

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Just to say thanks for the post and to Tanglerat for mentioning it to me. I was looking for a prop as per this post http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21675 and Derek was 66+Vat cheaper for a prop than the main yamaha dealer, so he gets my vote and was quick to get back to me with price etc and seems like a nice guy.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:57 pm

dont have a boat(yet :)) but its great to see 2 lads just out to make an honest living and giving guys value for money,keep it up guys and great post.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:50 pm

Re no boat yet , when i was getting work done the lads in coolock had a few reasonably priced angling boats in the yard i think some of their customers store them there as well .

Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:50 pm

lads i know i keep blowing the trumpet about these guys but have to tell you this.i broke a small part inside the engine controling the trottle the time factor for a replacment was 6 to8 weeks. derek took the part got it aluminium welded
and came out to the boat in howth and fitted it he wanted to see why it had snapped turns out the reason was the controller was the problem but he done this while he was supposed to be on holidays he arrived with his wife and daughter
i have never been given a service like this anywhere. these lads deserve all the praise and bussiness we can give them
keep it up ddm and thanks so much

Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 am

well lads
if ye are looking for electrical or electronics work done give me a shout first i might be able to talk ye through it
or point ye in the right direction
johnnie

Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:02 pm

was talking to the boys today they told me any of the lads looking for there engines winterized at the end of the season
50 to 60 euros depending on the size that has to be good value

Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:53 pm

do they sell 2nd hand engines?
looking for a 40hp long shaft electric start for my new boat, Bonwitco 400c?

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:23 pm

give them a ring i was down there last week my boat is there been fitted with a new engine there is a good few used engines i seen 2 beauts small money 75hp mariner and 65 hp suzuki a phone call to derek and tell him your from the site

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:15 am

ennagail24 wrote:do they sell 2nd hand engines?
looking for a 40hp long shaft electric start for my new boat, Bonwitco 400c?

There is an electric start Evinrude 45 long shaft listed at the moment here in Greene Marine used engines page if Dublin isn't too far a distance to go.