Rental tow vehicle-help

Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:26 am

I find myself suddenly needing to rent a tow vehicle to travel to UK to collect a boat. Does anyone know of a rental company that allows you to travel to UK.? All the ones Ive looked at dont cover you to leave Ireland. Having lived in the UK and the continent, where you can travel all over europe in a rental, this amazes me. Are we part of europe or what? Aaaggghh
Kev

insurance

Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:53 am

Hi Kev

I've done research on a related area for a client and the problem lies in the insurance cover for theft - if you leave the island, they would be worried about never seeing you or their vehicle again! How about contacting your local builder, someone with something that can tow the boat without any difficulty and offering them a few quid and a trip across to the uk, with shared driving for comfort and some trips aboard it when you get back? The cover should be sufficient for the trip and you can be put on as a named driver.

FWIW...

Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:49 am

Spot on Kieran... I think Argos fo a lot of commercian rentals so you could try them if you don't know anyone with a tow bar. What boat are you thinking of going for Kev?

moving boat

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:26 am

Hi Kev,

I myself am moving a boat over from the uk in the next week or so, i am bringing a Lochin 33 in from Weymouth on the south coast.
the problem i found believe it or not was with the companys on this side of the irish sea asking for crazy money to do the job.
what size boat are you looking to bring in?...
i dont know how much room will be left on the trailor after my boat goes on it , but if your interested and i can help out in any way send me a pm.

Boat delivery

Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:42 am

Thanks for the offer Cobh skipper, but my boat is a small 'un and is now safely ensconced in her new home.
More relaxed now
Bigkev