Anyone fished near Biarritz?

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:11 am

Hi all,

I am going to a little village south of Biarritz in France for a week in August. The village is by the sea and I am bringing a beach road and a multiplier with me.

Has anyone ever fished this area and if so, could you offer any pointers/advice?

Thanks in advance.

JUDE

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:52 am

Hi !

I live in the S.W France, but go to Ireland for a fishing holiday -
this year Mizen Head.

I posted a report a couple of weeks ago.

I've fished a number of times between St Jean de Luz and
Bayonne. To be honest the beaches have never produced
much, but I lack the local-knowledge and I'm probably there
at the wrong time !

The breakwater at St Jean de Luz is a good mark : various bream, bass, flounders, pouting...............However, I've never fished during
high-summer, simply too many people around!

Another breakwater at the mouth of the Adour river, near Bayonne
is a better bet : I've had big bream here on the float, on the Atlantic-side and some bass in the river plus flounders ,trigger-fish,pouting..............Certainly quieter than St Jean de Luz !

Another popular mark is the bridge th

Re: Anyone fished near Biarritz?

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:07 pm

Hi Jude :D
I chatted to a mate that was on holiday around that area last year.
His advice was - You will be fishing into the bay of Biscay (Atlantic ocean)
Fishing will be much the same as at home. Take a cooler box and pack the normal baits with you (rag, lug) ect. :D

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:24 am

Thanks Eddie - I am really hoping for a Bass.

Jude

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:51 pm

Fish either early morning on a rising tide or dusk from low. Take a spinning rod with you too! You can get a sand spike locally from the supermarket or from a tackle shop - that's what the locals use. Leave your baited rod out and you can spin around. The best method seemed to be a small eddystone 1 to 1.5m behind a 2oz weight. I tried for bass to no avail, but I have seen bass caught on the eel! You can buy rag from the local tackle shops or you can use shell fish baits or small fish from the supermarkets. The have some nice chunky shellfish like scallops which make a good bait - just dont forget your bait elastic and a head torch.

Where abouts is the village you are going to?

Check out one of my earlier post for some more info..

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... ght=#36866