Holiday Snappers

Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:34 pm

Talking about snappers anyone fancy a trip to the Gambia in Oct/Nov? The annual trip this year is at the end of October.All entry fees and pools paid out in full. I made 10Th place last year and won £980 Stag and a 16ft Triplex. Entry fee was £150 stag +£170 in pools half of the winnings came from pools for one fish (but what a fish? from the shore as well) Will upload pics when I get lessons on how to do it.
Seriously it can be a trip of a lifetime. imagine first time beach fishing like John Prescott 9 years ago and catching a 98 lb Guitar fish from a beach on a four piece spinning rod.Imaging your first fish being a 150 lb(min) Sting Ray and loosing it in the surf after an hour because no one thought we would need a gaff,never made that mistake again.
All in costs, flights, accommodation, (3 star),medication, drink,entertainment,fishing,competition entry etc etc approx €2500 all in you would need to be a real party animal to pay much more. One week,10 days, two week and three week options available. Included in the cost of holiday,(not entry) fee is €80 admin fee for organizers expenses printing etc. etc. ) 8) 8) HOT DUDE not COOL

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:03 pm

Ahh the Gambia..... I was there when that Stingray was lost..... 8) about 5 - 6 years ago I think. If it was that time and that fish then we shared the Chalet....... :shock:

I have heard that the Comp fishing is getting poorer by the year....... Something to do with the Asian fleet having licence off the coast of Gambia and Senegal.....
I have also heard that this will not be renewed so there might be hope...

There is some excellent fishing to be had...... but to be honest if I had €2500 in my pocket there are far better places. Although I have to say I really enjoyed the holiday in Gambia....... Jewelbrew...... I think, lovely gargle and even cheaper now than when I was last there.

Tight lines,

Kev