Another great fishing weekend coming up.. :-)

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:58 am

Big tides, new moon Saturday with 4.2m tides, westerly winds, on the fringe of a high and low presently with a big low approaching Sun avo.
It has been settled and warm for a while too.

Already building nicely with some good numbers of Bass being caught in reports I have seen.

Im like a kid on Xmas eve :-)

Re: Another great fishing weekend coming up.. :-)

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Yeah, looking forward to West Cork trip with SAISAC. We'll be meeting up tomorrow at 10 am at Service Station Clonakilty side of Roscarberry if anyone wants to join up!

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Sounds good, whats the target species..? general beach fishing with bait..? Looks like being a great weekend, not too hot and calm either.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:18 am

Thanks Eoghan. Took your advice and had a great session. I'll be watching for these conditions again.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:46 pm

100 bass on the fly - 5wt rod and line unweighted flies - catch and return - sight fishing

https://twitter.com/Wildflies/status/878275097165008896

Clear shallow water, light rod and floating line, unweighted flies and sight fishing for these. It's gonna take some beating! #flyfishing

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:39 am

Wow Jim, thats some session. I had 8 in total, biggest was around 5Ib. Was expecting more but still very happy with that. Weed was a problem and had I been able to keep the lures clearer for longer then I would have caught more I reckon.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:51 pm

obviuosly this is for bass fishing on lure/fly - disaster on the baits in Conamara this weekend :(