Missing Small Boat Around Hook Head, Co. Wexford

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Missing Small Boat Around Hook Head, Co. Wexford

Postby Teegerstk » Sun May 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi
Was fishing at Arthurstown Pier this evening and we noticed an older woman was looking out to sea, talking worriedly to her friends about her husband being out at sea. I couldn't pick up much but she was very distressed and she was saying that her husband went out in a small blue boat to fish around Hook Head. She was on the phone to someone, presumably the coast guard, saying he had been out all day and was supposed to be home at six (this was at 7:30pm). We stayed on for another 45 minutes and didn't see any signs of a coast guard. I guess there are some strong currents out around the Peninsula and there were some problems? Perhaps he drifted off course? I live near the hook peninsula and the weather was fairly settled today, overcast, light breeze then it started to rain at about 6.
If anyone could perhaps find out more about this I'd greatly appreciate it, the woman was very upset.
Thanks,
E
2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Re: Missing Small Boat Around Hook Head, Co. Wexford

Postby ardinn » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:10 am

Did you find out anymore? I didnt see any new of lost life thank god!
ardinn
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 110 times

Re: Missing Small Boat Around Hook Head, Co. Wexford

Postby Teegerstk » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Didn't hear anything else, now that I think about it I definitely would have heard something, he probably was just home late!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions